PDA

View Full Version : Failure to launch GDM3 after nvidia drivers

Ramrsoccer
2015-03-25, 06:02
Hey guys, i have been trying to get this to work for a few hours now, and have really been stumped. I'm trying to install nvidia drivers for my gtx 860m, bet every time i install using a repo, or official, i get to the black screen with a cursor, i have tried using the kali docs tutorial, and the blackmoreops tutorial, but after i reboot i just get the cursor screen. I try to ctrl+alt+f1 and get the console but when i try to get gdm3 started i get a failed to aquire org.gnomr.displaymanager error. i have tried reinstalling kali, the nvidia drivers, remnaming/deleting xorg.conf file, updateing grub prefrences. i don't know what to do now, any help? i have a feeling it has something to do with my intel intergrated graphics card on the motherboard but i am new to linux and such, anything can help!

1jstrong
2015-03-29, 20:18
I have the same problem, but am running an Nvidia GTX 750 ti video card. I've been asking for assistance on this for several weeks, but haven't gotten a reply. Not sure what the issue is.

Jason

staticn0de
2015-03-29, 20:43
I have the same problem, but am running an Nvidia GTX 750 ti video card. I've been asking for assistance on this for several weeks, but haven't gotten a reply. Not sure what the issue is.

Jason

Post your /var/log/xorg log file