PDA

View Full Version : WICD Network Manager missing?? Alternative ?

Shashwat
2013-03-17, 05:42
I have tried to look everywhere but I couldn't find WICD network manager. Has it been dropped in the new release? Or am I not able to find it. If it is there, where to look for it. If not, is there a replacement for this software in the new distro. Thanks..

brav0hax
2013-03-17, 06:18
I have tried to look everywhere but I couldn't find WICD network manager. Has it been dropped in the new release? Or am I not able to find it. If it is there, where to look for it. If not, is there a replacement for this software in the new distro. Thanks..

It's in there you need to install the package

apt-cache search wicd

apt-get install wicd

kalin
2013-03-17, 21:34
I run the command:
apt-get install wicd,
but Netwok-manager worked with the wicd.
then ran the commands:

cd /etc/rc2.d
chmod -x S16network-manager

it correctly?

Shashwat
2013-03-18, 06:44
Thanks. One more question. Is there any other tool in Kali that does the same thing (Connects to networks)

charonsecurity
2013-03-19, 13:26
Hi Shashwat, here are a few others (But I haven't tried them all to see if they work with Kali or not)
Besides of Wicd:
Kinternet, Wifi-Radar, wlassistant, KNetworkManager (For KDE My friend really likes this one, been meaning to try it out; network-manager-applet for gnome), Wifi-wiz, GTKWifi, and I'm sure there others, but I am not personally aware of them. I hope it helps:)

Shashwat
2013-03-19, 16:28
Hi Shashwat, here are a few others (But I haven't tried them all to see if they work with Kali or not)
Besides of Wicd:
Kinternet, Wifi-Radar, wlassistant, KNetworkManager (For KDE My friend really likes this one, been meaning to try it out; network-manager-applet for gnome), Wifi-wiz, GTKWifi, and I'm sure there others, but I am not personally aware of them. I hope it helps:)

Thanks, just what I needed