PDA

View Full Version : Need kernel info

n0mad
2015-04-06, 06:17
I have a Nexus 7 2013 wifi (4.4.4) and I've been looking for info on supported kernels. I have really found zero info, except that someone posted about using kangaroo kernel. I'm starting to think the kernel didn't install with my Nethunter install. This is the kernel that my system shows is installed:

3.1.10-gle42d16
[email protected]#1

Is this stock kernel or is this the correct one? If it's not the correct one, where can I get the correct one?

n0mad
2015-04-08, 05:33
Ok, I understand this is a fairly new community and everyone is still trying to figure things out, so I'll share what I've learned in the hopes that it helps someone else.

I have an Alfa card which I could not get to work, so I ordered the TP-Link.. didn't work.. So then I'm searching around google but there's not much out there for Nethunter help.

So I found on binkybear's github with source to this kangaroo kernel. I don't think its downloadable there so I was out of luck. I did however, find the other day, kernels on photonicgeek.me. I figured, what the ****, I've got nothing to lose. So I flash the kernel, and low-and-behold, my Nexus shows its running Kangaroo kernel now. Fired up Nethunter, command line, and what do you know? Ifconfig shows wlan1 and everything is working including mon0!

So if you're having trouble w/ wifi adapters, try the photonicgeeks kernels!

Boeli
2015-04-08, 23:04
http://photonicgeek.me/NetHunter/Kernels/
probely you need the flo-deb as I downloaded this on and stated it was the 2013 wifi version.

These one works for me fine.
Be advided you need to install the busybox and superSu zip's
The install the nethunter zip.

After you have done that.
You problably need to create a symbolic link to the kernel modules as I have found with my nexus 4 and nexus 7 2012
ln -s /system/etc/firmware /etc/firmware

After you then reboot and pluged in your wifi adapter.
go to the terminal program. (Not via nethunter)
do a
su
the activate the wlan1
ifconfig wlan1 up

Now you can start nethunter and you should see the wlan1 wlan0 and p2p0