PDA

View Full Version : Phone reboots when ejecting wifi

furiousfreddy
2015-04-12, 10:11
Hi All,

My first post here so be gentle! I've searched the forum but haven't found anything similar yet, apologies if I've missed something...

I have a OnePlus One running nethunter, using a recommended tplink USB wifi with OTG splitter etc. all working great!!!

However, when I yank the wifi out, the phone quite often reboots. I see there is a command in the nethunter shell menu to safely eject usb wifi, but this does not work, and generates a warning: "wireless tools not found".

The main nethunter launch menu has an option to disable external wifi, and this does seem to sort the problem, but I don't know what this is actually doing, and there isn't an option to turn the wifi back on again.

Any pointers and advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

furiousfreddy
2015-04-13, 15:29
OK, running the command (before disconnecting the device):

rfkill block wlan

Seems to have the desired effect. And I _think_ that it gets enabled again when starting mana up, and does not interfere with the device in built wifi. I'll test some more and report back how I get on.

binkybear
2015-04-15, 00:06
This is a known issue with the wifi firmware (I believe) and people have had success calling the device down before disconnecting.

furiousfreddy
2015-04-19, 14:29
Hey binkybear,

Thanks for the tip. You're right, all that is required is a quick:

ifconfig wlan1 down

And then when it's needed again:

ifconfig wlan1 up

Cheers!

schinfo
2015-04-19, 16:31
"ifconfig wlan1 down" doesn't work on Nexus 7 - 2013

I've tried PwniePad - no problems with WiFi-Adapter disconnect.

binkybear
2015-04-21, 20:51
@schinfo - The problem on exists in Android 4.4.2+ for wlan prima enabled devices. So anything newer then that is going to have reboot issues.

ldglance
2015-04-26, 23:41
To get it not reboot on unplugging. Start kali terminal. Do a ip link show up. See if mon0 or wlan1 are up.

If they are do a ip link set wlan1 down
And then unplug. This will prevent it from crashing the device.

Armaal
2015-04-27, 14:23
Hey

try : iw dev mon0 interface del