PDA

View Full Version : Question about the right version of Lollipop before installing Nethunter

jonathanxx1
2015-04-19, 16:06
Like the title said i would like to know if it would be ok to install Nethunter on both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7(2013) on top of the latest 5.1 that both my devices are on.
I use Ubuntu so i guess i have to flash Nehunter in recovery right?
Thanks.

kpoeticg
2015-04-24, 10:36
I have it running on my Nexus 5 on 5.1 with the ElementalX kernel on Omnirom. Plus i got the Viper audio mod flashed. The only thing i haven't been able to do yet is enable any Xposed Modules. I've been able to flash the framework and install the app, but everytime i enable a module it bricks my setup. If you just wanna run stock with Nethunter flashed over the top you should be fine

Your gonna wanna wipe your devices back to stock and reflash before you upgrade anyway, so you should just make nandroid backups first. Then you can try flashing anything you want. Or you can just use Titanium Backup and/or MyBackupPro to backup all your data & apps and restore em later. I've probly wiped and flashed my Nexus 20 times since they released the 5.1 update. I always back up all my system data like contacts, sms, call logs with MyBackupPro, then do full Titanium Backups before i try anything risky.

Also there's a bug that i've run into a few times with the Nex5 so far where if you do too many dirty flashes without reverting to stock first, the size of your internal SD will gradually shrink until you format/repartion it again. My 32Gig Nexus 5 was showing as having 7GB at one point.