PDA

View Full Version : Rooting Nexus 7 Fail

Cendrix
2015-05-01, 13:33
I have followed numerous steps to root my nexus and at this point I feel retarded. I started with the nethunter /prepare website.
After failure there I tried the Windows NetHunter Installer.

My failure continuously lies in TWRP when it tries to mount any folder in the root directory.
Looking at the recovery option i get a long list of "E : Unable to mount '/data'" and every other folder it tries to mount.
I have Unlocked the device numerous times and I can't find any forums with this as a common issue for my device.
I was hoping someone could help, I've been at this most of the day...
P.S.
Waiting for it to install for 2 hours didn't work.
The "unlock bootloader" function seems to have worked properly but I don't have a way of testing that as of yet.
If anyone has some tips or instructions for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I do know that the "SuperSu" "TWRP" and other package were loaded onto the device in .zip format, if I could find a way to get them into the root folder I should be able to use TWRP to install them...

stumper
2015-07-03, 22:44
I am having this same issue on the Nexus 7 (2013) wifi and cannot seem to find anything that helps resolve this. When I go into Android itself and use a file browser, I can see that the files were uploaded to the device, however nothing will flash in recovery as TWRP cannot mount anything.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

woettinger
2015-07-04, 21:01
I am having the same issue.

kaliJJ
2015-08-14, 16:45
I am having the same issue.

Any updates with this? What version of Android was your nexus 7 at?