PDA

View Full Version : Wifite issues

superjay2009
2015-05-05, 19:38
Updated Kali Chroot But now Wifite has issues

Right when i get to the part to device monitor mode choice device

When i choice my device and loops back to asking me to choice my device again for monitor mode ?

g0tmi1k
2015-05-06, 07:37
The current version of Wifite doesn't support the latest version of aircrack (v1.2 rc2).

The fix has been merged into the project (https://github.com/derv82/wifite/commit/c6124eaff9cdf9aa96027cb657a50a4e9d350714) so on the next package update for Wifite, it will work again.
You can open a ticket on the bug tracker to get the package updated (https://bugs.kali.org/)

undersc0re
2015-05-06, 19:55
Open another window, run airmon-ng, find the adapter you want to start, start it manually, then carry on with wifite, when you choose that adapter it will go to the next step now.

When i choice my device and loops back to asking me to choice my device again for monitor mode ?

jonathanxx1
2015-05-08, 20:46
Same thing for me, i tried to manually bring it up and it worked but wifite still doesnt work.

bliss
2015-05-12, 14:25
Hey Guys, Same thing happened to me after I update this Kali chroot. ****!! It was working perfectlly before update.
Same **** loop!!

When I try to open a new window the comand prompt that appear is a command from Android, and not from Kali. It is:

u0_a88@hammerhead:/ $ >

I think the command that has to appear is something like root@kali:~

And I don know where I can find airmon-ng to run it.
How to run airmong-ng if not even the command line is the correct?

Please someone help.

Thank you guys.

Edit: Swearing

jonathanxx1
2015-05-13, 13:44
if you get thrown out of the kali chroot ypu need to open the kali launcher and click on 'open kali shell'.and once in the kali chroot type airmon-ng.

Paranoir
2015-07-19, 18:16

I solved the problem by modding the script a bit.

nano /usr/bin/wifite

And then at the end of the get_iface() function, I modified it like this:

The line of code that fetches the device to put in monitor mode fetched the "phy0" part, instead of the "wlan0" part. Now, it fetches the correct part.

Digitalbeast
2015-07-26, 19:07
I have to do the same thing, manually put alpha in monitor mode thengo back to wifite and it works, but quick question. Im using nexus 6 and wifite will grab the .cap but after i chose to save all the captures the sdcard i can never find it. Everyone says its in sdcard-kali nh-captures-wifite, but i never see them. What are you guys doing ? I want to crack the .caps on my desktop which has much more power

Nevermind i found a way. Incase anyone is wondering i had to reboot into recover and go through the directories to locate the captures. Moved them to sdcard-kali nh-captures-wifite. Rebooted normally and there they were. Finally accessable with my file manager

jademanworld
2016-05-27, 01:41
I solved the problem by modding the script a bit.

nano /usr/bin/wifite

And then at the end of the get_iface() function, I modified it like this:

The line of code that fetches the device to put in monitor mode fetched the "phy0" part, instead of the "wlan0" part. Now, it fetches the correct part.

Would it be possible for you to upload your modified wifite.py please so that i may download it and paste it into my Kali? whenever i try to edit my wifite.py file i end up with an error saying something about an unexpected indent??? Sorry for such a silly question but im really new to wifite and would like help.

donThomaso
2017-05-08, 17:57
Would it be possible for you to upload your modified wifite.py please so that i may download it and paste it into my Kali? whenever i try to edit my wifite.py file i end up with an error saying something about an unexpected indent??? Sorry for such a silly question but im really new to wifite and would like help.

Did you solve it? I also tried to edit it without any luck.