PDA

View Full Version : chroot update breaks wifite on Nexus 6

megaflop666
2015-05-21, 12:44
I'm loving the nethunter tools so far but ran into a problem today.

I updated chroot and everything went fine until I went back in to use wifite. Wifite loaded up normally but I noticed there was a new unknown device listed. I ignored it and attempted to use my tplink adapter on wlan1. It says it started the service but then goes right back to asking me which device to use. If I drop to twrp and flash the nethunter package again, everything works fine.

Any thoughts?

Silvaggio
2015-05-22, 15:25
I'm loving the nethunter tools so far but ran into a problem today.

I updated chroot and everything went fine until I went back in to use wifite. Wifite loaded up normally but I noticed there was a new unknown device listed. I ignored it and attempted to use my tplink adapter on wlan1. It says it started the service but then goes right back to asking me which device to use. If I drop to twrp and flash the nethunter package again, everything works fine.

Any thoughts?

On the Nexus 5 I ran into the same problem, a work around was to use "Launch Kali Shell In Terminal" from the Kali Launcher drop down in the Kali Service Control application. From root@kali:~# I typed:

airmon-ng start wlan1

This gave me wlan1mon I could then manually run wifite in terminal via:

wifite wlan1mon

The "Turn Off External Wifi" feature in the Kali Service Control app also did not function I had to issue the follow commands to get the light to shut off (safety disconnect?):

airmon-ng stop wlan1mon
ifconfig wlan1 down

dpackham
2015-05-26, 15:45
same thing here. after the update its broke like post #1