PDA

View Full Version : If strange syntax errors running Kali after install...try this [tested on Nexus 10]

greenwrath
2015-05-31, 04:38
I struggled installing Nethunter on a Nexus 10 for several days. Noticed a few posts here and there where people had similar issues to mine, but no responses. I finally figured it out.

If you run the Kali android app and any of the choices kick back weird syntax errors concerning the script (e.g. quotes not matched or if not matched etc) then check the size of your /system folder. I bet it has 0% free. You can also see the % free in busy box. It finally dawned on me that nethunter scripts were being truncated when the zip file was flashed.

Here is the fix I found (I assume you went through all the steps and found system to be full...unlock, root, etc etc before this)

Follow the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-10/development/mod-reclaim-free-space-partition-t3029605
Basically, download the zip on the tablet, boot into TWRP, and "install".

Now reinstall the Nethunter zip again. If you used the Windows install script before, you may be able to skip forward to that step and use it again...or do whatever you did before to install it. I copy the .zip file to root and use TWRP so after I do the partition fix above, I stay in TWRP and install it again.

When you are done, Kali should work.

NOTE: If you are hung on the GOOGLE screen with the lock after installing the Nethunter zip, option #2 here worked for me:
https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?25060-After-installing-KaliNethunter-my-Nexus-10-is-locked-with-a-padlock-and-logo-google&p=44866&viewfull=1#post44866

Atlantic42
2015-06-03, 15:40
Thanks! Nethunter now working on Nexus 10.

Max555
2015-09-07, 21:44
Thanks from me as well, Apart from some minor bugs in Kali itself (which I'm sure there are already solutions for) working on Nexus 10 with lollipop 5.1.0 very simple fix. I didn't have to do step two the seeing the free space seemed to be the issue.

javierdanielcruz
2015-09-11, 23:40
Im having the same issue with my nexus 7 tablet. Nethunter installs fine but when i try to start kali the terminal says no closing quote. I verified that the system says 0.0mb free. I have flashed the options given on the xda forum but still no luck. Anyone got any suggestions? I Really like lollipop and still want nethunter to work alongside it.