PDA

View Full Version : Ettercap is not starting

JustNRiver
2015-06-29, 13:10
Hello everyone,

I'm new to Kali Linux. I have little experience with it. Anyways- getting to the point -I'm trying to sniff network traffic like passwords and stuff over my network. I was told to use ettercap, which I did. At the time I was logged in as root, but I was having trouble with other programs telling me I was an "under priveledged user". As far as I could see.. The programs still worked (btw wireshark was the program that told me that, but it still opened). When I was logged in as root, ette cap opened but it wasn't working... I wasn't able to scan hosts... I tried to turn sniffer on and scan for hosts but it still wasn't working. So I made another account and labled it administrator. Wireshark doesn't display the privelege message anymore, however Ettercap is not working anymore. I was wondering if there was a known fix for this, or are their any other programs that will allow me to sniff passwords and site date via local network?

-Thank you

vvalien
2015-07-01, 13:38
You gotta get down with the arp spoofing son!

Kidding ... sorta, but cant sniff anything unless your the man in the middle with passwords going across your lan.