PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Boot Crashes

Fushikkles
2015-07-23, 19:33
Kali is up and running so thank you for an awesome distro but i have had to re-install 3 times already when following the instructions on the official website for handling nividia drivers.... it all goes well up until reboot where the login flashes up (in boot script) and then the screen goes black with just a single white flashing syntax marker. I have decided not to touch this nvidia update/install as it completely messes with the boot and initiation of the os! I'm content with that but what might you suggest are the reasons for it? Would it have anything to do with having an old nvidia graphics card (Gefore 9400gt)? It is definitely not me not following instructions... :P :mad:

iamanon
2015-07-26, 19:54
I'm having problems with nvidia driver too.
I'm using a 2010 macbook pro and whilst i have learnt how to avoid complete re-installs
everytime i try to rectify the 'nouveau' 'nvidia' issue...i always end up back at square 1.
Has anybody out there managed to successfully install this driver on a macbookpro???

drapheus
2015-08-16, 03:41
Same with me. Every time I install nvidia drivers I end up with a blank GDM3 screen and have to re-install. 5x reinstalls today :(

Rorshaq
2015-08-16, 20:56
Same here, and have to reinstall many times too. I tried to unistall the driver and set the nouveau driver back in recovery mode but I never could fix the problem. I have a GTX760M but the command lspci | grep VGA do not find the Nvidia gpu. any idea ?