PDA

View Full Version : /system/bin/bootkali: syntax error: 'if' unmached <--- why?

rek2wilds
2015-08-15, 04:27
hello i just installed nethunter last night on a nexus 10..
i notice that none of the tools really is working... and i get this error on the topic everytime i try to run someone... kali tools open a terminal and that pops up and nothing happens..
any ideas?

thanks for the help in advance!

rek2wilds
2015-08-15, 22:08
I installed adb
edited the file with vi
and notice that is missing some lines.. at least a FI ending the IF block
I have re-mounted system rw but when I safe and run again is missing again.. ***...
any ideas?

rek2wilds
2015-08-15, 22:15
according to the source code in github my install seens that this particular file is corrupted.. is all ok in the repo https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/blob/master/flash/system/bin/bootkali

rek2wilds
2015-08-15, 23:24
ok I fix it...
remounted in rw /system
got a copy from the github original bootkali file into my local computer
then I push it to the system/bin notice it was full (prob this is why i have having issues in the first place..
so I empty some of it and made space
first push to a writable place
adb push bootkali /sdcard/bootkali

then
adb shell
su -
mount -o rw,remount /system
cd /system/bin
mv bootkali bootkali.bk
cp /sdcard/bootkali .
reboot

Max555
2015-09-06, 21:29
Hi,
Would you please be able to provide a more detailed outline of the steps to fix this issue. I have the same thing on my Nexus 10, Nethunter and all the Android apps work fine but cannot get Kali to boot. There were quite a few differences between screen shots on the install to what actually happened, which I put down to being on lollipop, One major thing i noticed was on the explorer screen grab showed the TWRP folder on the internal storage, mine didn't.

Thanks in advance

Max555
2015-09-07, 21:46
Fixed the issue by following the instructions in another thread. Issue seemed to be caused by device not seeing free space available.

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?25688-If-strange-syntax-errors-running-Kali-after-install-try-this-tested-on-Nexus-10

javierdanielcruz
2015-09-11, 23:45
Same problem with my nexus 7 2012. Tried the fix for nexus 10 but didnt work for my nexus 7. Gives me an error when trying to flash the resize program.