PDA

View Full Version : Kali 2.0 - Wireless interface fall always

juanvelasco
2015-08-24, 08:46
Hi, i've recently installed on my hard disk a new partition for Kali Linux 2.0. I've installed following the steps carefully and configuring my network and my home wifi.

Then I found a problem. When I try to execute "wifite" on the console I see that internet goes offline. I mean, it still show that my wifi network is connected but when i access to "iceweasel" it says kali can't find network connect.

https://vimeo.com/137114084

I've recorded so i can so you much better.

Note: (Before writting "wifite" on the console, iceweasel worked perfectly. In fact, when I reboot the system after this failure, it worked again so I decided to write here the problem searching for help)

Thank you!

Juan

duxim
2015-08-25, 22:03
did you try this approach with Wifite (and any other tools)
disconnect from wireless
bring wifi card to monitor mode (read abut it on forum it is not airmon-ng wlan0 start)
start wifite
finish with wifite
bring wifi card to manged mode
restart network service
connect to network

juanvelasco
2015-08-26, 14:30
I finally got it right! I tried with the monitor mode and bringing back to managed mode y at restarted it worked.

But, when i come back from monitor mode with

airmon-ng stop wlan0mon

And i write again ifconfig, i get "wlan1" instead of "wlan0". Is there any kind of problem there? Don't think so but just asking :rolleyes:

duxim
2015-08-26, 17:38
And i write again ifconfig, i get "wlan1" instead of "wlan0". Is there any kind of problem there? Don't think so but just asking :rolleyes:

yes it is happened to me also. I am thinking it is bug, but everything is working.
of course if you want to put card again in monitor mode you should type new "wlan1"