The following was sent to musket teams issue 675 in WPS Reaver

Start Message

Aug 15, 2015 #[email protected]
a trick to create monX with the latest airmon-ng is to use the command:

iw wlan0 interface add mon0 type monitor
iw wlan0 interface add mon1 type monitor
iw wlan0 interface add mon2 type monitor

End Message

With this approach you can make as many virtual monitors as you wish. We are hoping the author of ReVdk3-r2 reads this as MTeams would like to see this script available for kali2.0

Here is how we do it:

You will have:

wlan0
mon0
mon1
mon2

# Run thru airmon-ng

airmon-ng start mon0

# Now you will have

mon0mon
wlan0

# To avoid network-manager conflict

ifconfig mon0mon down
iwconfig mon0mon mode monitor

#Add mac spoofing routine here

ifconfig mon0mon up

You now have:

wlan0
mon0mon
mon1
mon2

# Do the same commands for mon1 and mon2 You will have:

mon0mon
mon1mon
mon2mon

# To remove

iw mon0mon del
iw mon1mon del
iw mon2mon del

# You now have

wlan0

# End

Your network-manager is in tact

A big thanks to [email protected] in WPS reaver forums

Musket Teams

maulesh
2015-09-04, 20:32
dear sir (mmusket33),
i highly appreciate your thread - Airmon-ng Network-manager Commentary Kali2.0 which make me free from tension of internet networking down.
& this thread too- How to create multiple monitors with the newer airmon-ng -
i have 2 WIFI CARDS - wlan0 for finding SOLUTIONS ON KALI FORUM via internet -
and - an external wlan1 especially for KALI LINUX PENETRATION TESTING -
now i created as per your guide lines 5 networks under wlan1 -

root@kali:~# iw wlan1 interface add mon0 type monitor
root@kali:~# iw wlan1 interface add mon1 type monitor
root@kali:~# iw wlan1 interface add mon2 type monitor
root@kali:~# iw wlan1 interface add mon3 type monitor
root@kali:~# iw wlan1 interface add mon4 type monitor
root@kali:~# iw wlan1 interface add mon4 type monitor

network manager show all connection on its tray -
but all under wlan1 so i can't access - is it possible ? i put wlan1 under KALI LINUX PENETRATION TESTING, so it may not accessible i think.

my question is that - as per above commands -
can i put below commands to activate multiple internet connections under wlan0 ???

root@kali:~# iw wlan0 interface add mon0 type monitor
root@kali:~# iw wlan0 interface add mon1 type monitor
root@kali:~# iw wlan0 interface add mon2 type monitor
root@kali:~# iw wlan0 interface add mon3 type monitor
root@kali:~# iw wlan0 interface add mon4 type monitor

i think it may not possible while i am having only 2 network interface cards - namely wlan0 and wlan1
but as per my curiosity, i would like to request you to put your best answer or some tricks to create multiple internet connection under wlan0

thanking you for giving me your precious time.

regards,

mmusket33
2015-09-05, 01:41
To maulesh

We have read your thread and are unsure exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Maybe someone reading your thread will have a better idea. However:

You say you have two(2) wifi devices wlan0 and wlan1.

You can use one(1) device to access the internet and one(1) device to do Penetration Testing(PT)

If both wifi devices support packet injection(PI) then you can use either one(1) to conduct PT. If only one(1) device supports PI then you must use that device when conducting PT.

In general to conduct PT you must put the device supporting PI in monitor mode. Once you put the device in monitor mode you CANNOT use it to connect to the internet thru network-manager. So all these monitors you setup can only be used when conducting PT with tools like aireplay-ng, reaver, wash and mdk3 etc. They cannot be used to connect to the internet.

Setting up multiple monitors is just one(1) step in conducting DDOS operations against standing AP targets. Normally it is NOT required. You can do all your operations thru one(1) monitor ie mon0mon. So do not waste your time setting up more then one(1) monitor unless you have a specific operational need like overwhelming router firmware. This thread was written for bash authors interested in PT operations that require multiple monitors.

Musket Teams

sihag
2015-09-15, 05:31
To maulesh

We have read your thread and are unsure exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Maybe someone reading your thread will have a better idea. However:

You say you have two(2) wifi devices wlan0 and wlan1.

You can use one(1) device to access the internet and one(1) device to do Penetration Testing(PT)

If both wifi devices support packet injection(PI) then you can use either one(1) to conduct PT. If only one(1) device supports PI then you must use that device when conducting PT.

In general to conduct PT you must put the device supporting PI in monitor mode. Once you put the device in monitor mode you CANNOT use it to connect to the internet thru network-manager. So all these monitors you setup can only be used when conducting PT with tools like aireplay-ng, reaver, wash and mdk3 etc. They cannot be used to connect to the internet.

Setting up multiple monitors is just one(1) step in conducting DDOS operations against standing AP targets. Normally it is NOT required. You can do all your operations thru one(1) monitor ie mon0mon. So do not waste your time setting up more then one(1) monitor unless you have a specific operational need like overwhelming router firmware. This thread was written for bash authors interested in PT operations that require multiple monitors.

Musket Teams

What Maulesh want to say is can he create multiple networks under wlan0 to access internet from multiple SSID or having access to multiple internet connections through this guide by adding multiple network interfaces.
I guess that is only possible by adding a bridge or team in kali. But as of now am unable to do that. Any guide how to do it in Kali SANA?

alimp5
2015-10-11, 08:31
my post is spam but i say this word:
thanks a lot dear "mmusket33".
your post is very useful :X

alimp5
TNX

ujjwal_v_nath
2016-10-13, 12:01
The following was sent to musket teams issue 675 in WPS Reaver

Start Message

Aug 15, 2015 #[email protected]
a trick to create monX with the latest airmon-ng is to use the command:

End Message

With this approach you can make as many virtual monitors as you wish. We are hoping the author of ReVdk3-r2 reads this as MTeams would like to see this script available for kali2.0

Here is how we do it:

You will have:

wlan0
mon0
mon1
mon2

# Run thru airmon-ng

airmon-ng start mon0

# Now you will have

mon0mon
wlan0

# To avoid network-manager conflict

ifconfig mon0mon down
iwconfig mon0mon mode monitor

#Add mac spoofing routine here

ifconfig mon0mon up

You now have:

wlan0
mon0mon
mon1
mon2

# Do the same commands for mon1 and mon2 You will have:

mon0mon
mon1mon
mon2mon

# To remove

iw mon0mon del
iw mon1mon del
iw mon2mon del

# You now have

wlan0

# End

Your network-manager is in tact

A big thanks to [email protected] in WPS reaver forums

Musket Teams

I followed the steps described and was able to create different interfaces on the parent wlan0 namely wlan1,wlan2 etc, but now the problem is I m unable to put these newly created interfaces into monitor mode after putting the wlan0 into monitor mode or any one of them in monitor mode i.e at a time a single interface is on monitor mode and also when i try to put other interface on monitor thru' airmon-ng it says already there exists monitor mode on phy0 as wlan1mon when trying to put wlan0 into mon mode.
I'm using kali 2.0 & aircrack-ng rc4

Thank u
Hoping for u r kind help I m a newbie & pls ignore my English its not that hood

mmusket33
2016-10-14, 11:46
To ujjwal_v_nath

This subject is currently under study by MTeams:

1. Once you make a virtual monitor with iw there is no reason to run airmon-ng so skip that step above.

2. There are several methods to avoid using airmon-ng check kill. See the netmanmac thread for the methods MTeams uses.

3. After making these monitors run each one thru airodump-ng. Once airodump-ng starts against the monitor you can shut down airodump-ng and run other commands like wash, reaver etc. If you do not run airodump-ng the iw made monitor maynot function and a error will be seen.

airodump-ng mon0
ctrl-c airodump-ng
airodump-ng mon1
ctrl-c airodump-ng

wash -i mon0

Write here if these procedure do not work for you.

Musket Teams

mmusket33
2016-10-17, 10:05
Here is a way to make multiple monitors and avoid running airodump-ng

ifconfig mon0 up

ifconfig mon1 up

wash -i mon0

If you want to run your device thru airmon-ng first then

airmon-ng start wlan0

This will make wlan0mon

iw wlan0mon interface add mon0 type monitor
iw wlan0mon interface add mon1 type monitor

ifconfig mon0 up
ifconfig mon1 up

wash -i mon0

If you want to spoof your mac you can embed the commands in the routine.

MTeams