PDA

View Full Version : Problem with VM version of kali

HardReset
2013-04-21, 18:29
Hi , I have problem with vm version of kali. VMware says "The configuration file "kali-linux-1.0-i386-gnome-vm\kali-linux-i386-gnome-vm.vmx" was created by a VMware product that is incompatible with this version of VMware Workstation 8 and cannot be used.

Cannot open the configuration file kali-linux-1.0-i386-gnome-vm\kali-linux-i386-gnome-vm.vmx." :( :confused:

Any1 can help for this message?

thanks

henrx
2013-04-28, 02:48
I've always had better luck with linux OS on virtual box (oracle ) i think. VMware is the better choice for using both "computers" at once for a task.

gphantom
2013-04-28, 17:33
Hi , I have problem with vm version of kali. VMware says "The configuration file "kali-linux-1.0-i386-gnome-vm\kali-linux-i386-gnome-vm.vmx" was created by a VMware product that is incompatible with this version of VMware Workstation 8 and cannot be used.

Cannot open the configuration file kali-linux-1.0-i386-gnome-vm\kali-linux-i386-gnome-vm.vmx." :( :confused:

Any1 can help for this message?

thanks

You need to change the HWversion of the VMX file to make it work. Here's the guide: http://cryptedsecurity.com/fix-how-to-install-kali-linux-on-vmware-version-8/