PDA

View Full Version : Broadcom Corporation BCM43227 802.11b/g/n

rootx60
2013-03-18, 00:32
still having issues with the broadcom 43227 drivers. I followed the debian wiki and installed the broadcom sta common drivers and it still does not come up I have walked through the wiki and it seems that it does not show up running. I checked in the ifconfig and the iwconfig still no luck.

dedmenmiller
2013-07-21, 00:13
I got the Problems too i just tried and tried a few hours everything i found on google it just doesnt seem to load the drivers i installed the recommended drivers from broadcom "broadcom-sta" installed but not loading them.
Im not experienced in driver stuff on linux i think it works like that: with modprobe you put the drivers into a pool and on startup it searches the pool and takes the drivers that suit best if it doesnt than please tell me shortly how it goes.
i also tried ndiswrapper looks like it should i think

~# ndiswrapper -l
bcmwl6 : driver installed
device (14E4:4358) present (alternate driver: bcma)

my Setup:
Acer Aspire 5750G
Kali Linux latest installed on usb(like on harddrive not live)
Broadcom Corporation BCM43227 802.11b/g/n

If you need any more informations just tell me i will add them.

maverik35
2013-07-22, 16:52
still having issues with the broadcom 43227 drivers. I followed the debian wiki and installed the broadcom sta common drivers and it still does not come up I have walked through the wiki and it seems that it does not show up running. I checked in the ifconfig and the iwconfig still no luck.

Please, be more specific as to what you did. Post procedure and post lspci | grep -i network, lspci -v and lsmod | grep -i wl.

Post also the ifconfig -a and iwconkfig.