PDA

View Full Version : Waveshare 5 inch tft rpi2

quikzapper
2015-09-12, 13:05
Hello, i want to drive that tft: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281699685929?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
with my rpi2. I have exact that problem you see on the pic on ebay. If i use there image the screen works great. But i dont get it to work with kali linux 2.
I use the offensive-security rpi2 image and i have no idea how i should solve this problem. Can someone help me and say where i should start?

LG
Quikzapper

craazz
2015-11-12, 00:45
Hey dude,

I realise this post was some time ago now but basically I am running into the exact same issue - I was wondering if you have solved it??
I have just posted a similar question waiting for admins to confirm it.

hardwire
2016-01-07, 07:16
Hi, i know this is an old post but just incase someone is still looking for a fix.

I have found the solution, credit goes to *REMOVED*

Even though its stated for the 7inch LCD it works very much the same except for a small changed to the hdmi_cvt parameter

*modify "nano /boot/config.txt" and add the following lines to the bottom of the file

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt=800 480 60 6 0 0 0

* Copy the contents of your /boot/config.txt and save

* Mount the boot partition since boot was not mounted by default in my download,
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot/

* Create new file on the newly mounted directory "nano /boot/config.txt"

* Paste contents of previous config.tx and save file,

* run "sudo shutdown -r now" and your Pi will reboot and will show the display and full resolution.

i attempted to run the software to get the touch screen to work but it didn't end up working. though i'm not to worried about it.