PDA

View Full Version : Initial password problem, "toor" doesn't work

Jorian
2013-04-21, 20:58
I installed Kali on Android ICS, on an ASUS TF101 tablet with the Linux Deploy app.

All went fine, at installation.

At startup, ssh and vncserver came up; ok. But /etc/init.d/myscript failed.

I cant login on root with toor password with ssh, neither with vnc

What can I do ?

What's in this script file ?

clearday
2013-04-21, 21:25
Try "changeme"

I installed Kali on Android ICS, on an ASUS TF101 tablet with the Linux Deploy app.

All went fine, at installation.

At startup, ssh and vncserver came up; ok. But /etc/init.d/myscript failed.

I cant login on root with toor password with ssh, neither with vnc

What can I do ?

What's in this script file ?

Jorian
2013-04-22, 08:22
Fine guess, or didn't I do the whole RTFM (:-( ?

The issue is now that I can connect on both SSH and VNC, but as normal user "android".

I still can't sudo, with evident passwords : none, "toor", "kali", "android", etc. , nor edit shadow or sudoers.

But I learned one thing : in Linux Deploy configuration, there is a parameter "user", set by default to "android". Perhaps should I set this zone to "root", reinstall and try "changeme"; that's what I will try this evening (where I have a fast conn.)

Except if someone has a better idea.

clearday
2013-04-22, 10:19
You can try command passwd root in terminal then change the password. If that doesn't work, then reinstall is your next best bet.

Fine guess, or didn't I do the whole RTFM (:-( ?

The issue is now that I can connect on both SSH and VNC, but as normal user "android".

I still can't sudo, with evident passwords : none, "toor", "kali", "android", etc. , nor edit shadow or sudoers.

But I learned one thing : in Linux Deploy configuration, there is a parameter "user", set by default to "android". Perhaps should I set this zone to "root", reinstall and try "changeme"; that's what I will try this evening (where I have a fast conn.)

Except if someone has a better idea.

Jorian
2013-04-22, 14:42
Yeah, well, "passwd root" doesn't work...

But "sudo -i" does it well :o

In fact, the user name in Linux Deploy is the name of a basic user ('cause of vnc, witch doesn't like root), but he's sudoer, with the default password "changeme" (and not "toor"). Like a basic Ubuntu conf.

End of the story, anyway, and thanks for the good ideas.

clearday
2013-04-23, 00:45
That's good to know. Thanks.

Yeah, well, "passwd root" doesn't work...

In fact, the user name in Linux Deploy is the name of a basic user ('cause of vnc, witch doesn't like root), but he's sudoer, with the default password "changeme" (and not "toor"). Like a basic Ubuntu conf.

bobbe
2014-12-19, 13:13
[QUOTE=Jorian;5004]Yeah, well, "passwd root" doesn't work...

Try "sudo su" and then you can change the password with "passwd root"