PDA

View Full Version : Broadcom Wireless Problem

SOCOPiranha
2015-10-07, 03:57
I've been doing a lot of research trying ot figure out how to make my Broadcom driver work in the new Kali and i'm about ot just get an old build or otherwise give up.
I first installed Kali on an old netbook about 6 months ago and in that build (whatever was current at the time) it just worked. No issues and the card is even capable of injection - I broke into my own wireless with it.
Life got busy and I forgot about it until this week so i grabbed the newest .iso and installed. In this build however the wireless driver does not function properly. I can see a handful of wireless networks but not my own (and I'm sure it's there) and even when I try to manually add the network it won't connect.
My research led me to the conclusion that it's an issue with Broadcom wireless cards and drivers and for the last few days I've been looking at every guide and how-to I can find and have had no success in getting this card to work. I have an external Alfa card I can use but i'd like to get the internal one working too.
I'm not sure what information a helpful member might need, i'm really very new to all this and was only able to do anything before because I followed step by step tutorials.
According to lspci i have "02:00.0 Network Controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM43225 802.11b/g/n/ [14e4:4357] (rev 1)