PDA

View Full Version : persistence partition

s7m
2013-03-18, 04:54
Hello,
at first - I've read all instructions about persistence partition from http://docs.kali.org/installation/kali-linux-live-usb-install. I did it several times but
when I try to load kali with persistence mode and change system settings - change language and reboot, nothings changed.
The second - When the system was started I can see my persistence partition link on my Desktop but If I try to open it, I get an error "Could not display "/root/lib/live/mount/persistence/sdb2" The file is of an unknown type. Is it correct?
How can I fix it? Does anybody get this issue?
From the one hand I have a problem with bcm43xx drivers on my wi-fi adapter and I need a persistence mode to install the b43 firmware,
from the other hand I can't fixing changes in my system in a persistence mode.
Please, give some advice.
P.s. How can I change the boot menu and add a link for default loading in a persistence mode?

Mas
2013-03-26, 20:42
Hi
press TAB at boot screen and type:
> .linux /live/vmlinuz boot=live config live-config.username=root initrd=/live/initrd.img persistence
and hit enter.

Hitman_86
2013-04-15, 11:17
Ok, i had same problem like this, its working, but i dont want to access from debian. How can i access normally? İ mean like root persistence? Any chances there modify boot settings?. Because firstly i had a standart settings, just ive written persistence and it was ok. But now it is not working. İ formatted completely, than use it again it is just working as you said that command.

Hitman_86
2013-04-18, 23:35
I found that related resolves of that problem. You can check it from Persistence not working, thanks