PDA

View Full Version : Dual boot Nethunter & marshmallow?

pugglet
2015-11-05, 21:54
is it possible? what would be the easiesr way to do this?

i am very new to android, got some nexus devices just to play with nethunter. since it seems like i cant update android in nethunter, maybe i could dual boot android 6 and nethunter/5.1.1 on my nexus 6 (kinda like i do windows/kali on my laptop) and keep marshmallow updated snd only use NH for pentesting. how could i accomplish this, or the like?

Name Taken
2015-11-06, 01:03
Use MultiROM to multi-boot as many ROMs as you storage allows.

coldflames
2015-11-07, 00:16

Can this be done without losing data if Nethunter 5.1.1 is already installed? I'm using a Nexus 6 LYZ28E and I used Odin to root (if that helps at all). Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Adilh
2015-12-23, 06:45

Can this be done without losing data if Nethunter 5.1.1 is already installed? I'm using a Nexus 6 LYZ28E and I used Odin to root (if that helps at all). Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I just tried to install Nethunter on my nexus 5 with MarshMallow on it by using MultiRom. I intended to have MM and NH both at the same time.

After i install MarshMallow i tried to install MultiRom - ok no problem so far, both installed successfully (and my phone is rooted)- then i install Elementalx and Beta SU script in multirom -again everything is completed without problem and so far so good- when multirom asks to reboot system and tapped "Yes" button "Boooom" Marshmallow never come up again. Whatever i do, i lost the internal system. Then i investigated why this happens and i found a point: file system that MultiRom uses F2FS and by default (or after TWRP installation) file system is Ext4. So, i applied the solution and formatted /Data and /cache to F2FS then try to install it again. However, with 6.0.1 it didnt work and installation failed in every try.

Now, i decided to try it with lollipop (v5.1.1) and thats the most recent version supported by MultiRom. And i have high hopes :)
will try and let you know the result.