PDA

View Full Version : Problem with installing Kali Linux 2.0

xsdysx
2015-11-18, 13:18
Hi! I'm new to Kali Linux and while I was setting up the Kali Linux I have received this message at the start : This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot – please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU. I've looked across the internet and they said that enabling Intel's VT would help but I can't find Intel VT in my bios. They said that enabling Hyper V would help but I too, can't find Hyper V. Computer Specs: Acer Aspire V5-573PG Intel Core i5-4200u Windows 8.1 64-bit. 8 gb ram. Thanks!

xsdysx
2015-11-18, 15:59
Hi! I'm new to Kali Linux and while I was setting up the Kali Linux I have received this message at the start : This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot – please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU. I've looked across the internet and they said that enabling Intel's VT would help but I can't find Intel VT in my bios. They said that enabling Hyper V would help but I too, can't find Hyper V. Computer Specs: Acer Aspire V5-573PG Intel Core i5-4200u Windows 8.1 64-bit. 8 gb ram. Thanks!

Case closed. Sorry guys I've click something wrongly in the setup which causes the problem!