PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to install kali linux 2.0 tools on kali lite from a kali full disc

raldridge69
2015-11-28, 12:21
i had to install kali lite on my laptop as is wasnt good enough to run kali full.
So i want to know if its possible to add the tools from the full version of kali to my lite version
using the kali linux full disc i have. I know you can do it via apt-get kali-full command
but i want to know if i can extract tools ect from the disc i have

Crash
2015-11-28, 14:35
So, why you dont install the full version? You already have de ISO file.

Extract the files will be very hard, because of libs, links and stuff, the process to extract it does not make sense.

raldridge69
2015-11-28, 22:01
because my laptop is not got enough ram/memory to run the full version of kali so i had to use kali lite

Crash
2015-11-29, 11:33
So still does not makes sense man.

If you install all tools you will have the kali full same way!
You can install the full version and use a light Desktop Env, like XFCE or another instead of GNOMe or KDE.

Also, if you want continue use kali this way, the best approach is install each tool by apt-get.

apt-get update
apt-get install <especifc tool>

raldridge69
2015-11-30, 03:01
thanks for reply
ok so how do i install light desktop env and remove gnome once i have installed kali full?
sorry for the noob questions i am only new to linux

Crash
2015-11-30, 07:44
Hi!

So first: If you are new in Linux, Kali is not for you this moment. check it out please: http://docs.kali.org/introduction/should-i-use-kali-linux
My recommendation: Try Ubunto or Debian before, after you familiar with commands, process, pckt manipulation and stuff you back to kali.

You don't need to remove gnome libs and tools, just don't use.

apt-get update
apt-get install xfce4

After install you able to choose xfce as desktop Env in login screen.

raldridge69
2015-12-03, 09:26
i managed to add all the tools from kali full disc by running kali full live and just copy all the files over to my installed kali lite on hard drive