PDA

View Full Version : Black screen when running Live DVD

NoVice87
2015-12-02, 22:31
Hi all,

I'm newbie and just learning to work with linux, so please could you help me if it's possible.
I've downloaded Kali Linux 64 bit ISO, from off site and made a DVD with that. When I'm trying to load from that DVD it seems everything goes good, it shows the menu, offering me Live, Live filesafe, install, grafic install and etc.

The problem is - I don't want to install it at the moment, as I haven't got Windows dvd to install it back at the time, but when I'm trying to start it as LIVE, it starts loading, no any fails, all good. But then at some point screen goes black, I can hear like it keeps loading for a while and then silence.

I got a feeling that the drivers for my graphic card are missing in this build or something like that... Is it possible?
And what can I do to try Kali Linux out without installing it and using virtual machines? Is there any way to make that screen work? Maybe i need another build, or maybe it's possible to make a build including drivers I need and use it as Live DVD?

Please help me to get that Live DVD to work...

My laptop is Packard Bell EasyNote EN TE11BZ. Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 7310. Processor: AMD Dual-Core E1-1200.

Thank You!

Crash
2015-12-03, 08:28
Hi!

If you are new in linux, Kali is not for you for now. Maybe you should move to Ubunto, Mint or pure Debian.
Check it out: http://docs.kali.org/introduction/should-i-use-kali-linux - Please, pay attention to the green rectangle at the end.

You have in docs.kali.org all the instructions how to build your own ISO, but, if you new in linux. probably you need a knowledge the you dont have for now to perform this task.

Also, Is better you start in a VM. It runs really nice in WmWare and VirtualBox. Same way, you have all the documentation for virtualized Env. in docs.kali.org.

duxim
2015-12-03, 08:53
read this post and pass first 4 steps
https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?26780-Working-method-to-install-Kali-2-0-Sana