PDA

View Full Version : Desktop is gone.

MichaelV1990
2015-12-21, 16:44
Hi. I recently installed kali Linux to dual boot with windows 10. But when I boot up I just get the desktop background. There is no task bar and I can't right click to get to a terminal. F1 thru F7 still function. Please help. I've reinstalled it twice with no fix.

duxim
2015-12-21, 21:19
I am thinking it is installation issue. did you check sha1 of your downloaded iso img?

MichaelV1990
2015-12-21, 22:22
no i did not. also i forgot to include that im running it off my laptop. the laptop screen is busted so i have it ran to a standard monitor. my mouse will go off my monito scree and i can just barely see it go by on my laptop screen.

duxim
2015-12-22, 09:25
no i did not. also i forgot to include that im running it off my laptop. the laptop screen is busted so i have it ran to a standard monitor. my mouse will go off my monito scree and i can just barely see it go by on my laptop screen.
:) once I used Kali like you, when my screen was broken on laptop w/o problem, but Kali was installed on system before that happen.
I suggest you to read this post, and reinstall Kali once again.
https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?26780-Working-method-to-install-Kali-2-0-Sana