PDA

View Full Version : [Kali 2.0] Mouse and Keyboard problems during installation

buggie
2015-12-22, 01:59
Hi guys, could You help me with instalation. I was using previous version of kali and i decided to wipe all data and install the new one from the begining. While booting form USB i use graphical installation and then the problem starts - my keyboard and mouse doeasn't work. The keyboard and mouse works on the same usb transmitter - logitech unifying. Offcorse it works for eg. in BIOS setup.

PC Specs:
CPU - i7-4790k
MB - ASRock Z97 Extreme 6
GPU - AMD R9 290
RAM - 32GB Ram
HDD - SSD Drive
Keyboard - Logitech K350
Mouse - Logihtech MX Performance

duxim
2015-12-22, 09:36
see if it this work:
https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~klada/?site=projects&id=logitechkbd
you need to research a litlle, also you can read ubuntu forums for help or wait someone who have those model of mouse and keyboard to answer you.

buggie
2015-12-22, 13:14
That link is about how to make work hotkays after instalation. I have other problem, i can't install OS :D I will borrow from sb a keyboard on PS2 - guess it will help, and after installation USB will work. We will see.

duxim
2015-12-22, 17:40
aha! :)
then use some usb keyboard and mouse during installation, and after that configure your hardware. this is the best way

buggie
2015-12-22, 18:53
Installation went finally ok, I used old keyboard with PS2 port :D After installation as i mentioned my mouse and keyboard works fine. I had some problems with installing it from USB stick, but I changed image burning software (as proposed on kali website) and then it finally passed.

Now next step is GPU drivers. I see that xserver is using mesa drivers - dunno if i should use ati proprietary drivers or stay with mesa.

I want to use oclhascat and its crying about opencl libraries.

./oclHashcat64.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenCL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory