PDA

View Full Version : Problems with ALFA AWUS036AC

toteguay
2015-12-25, 12:16
Hello there!!! I want to ask you something about ALFA AWUS036AC. I installed the drivers in my Kali Linux, so everything should go well... but there is a problem :confused:
I want to put my ALFA in "mode monitor" so I write in a terminal:

root@kali:/home/usuario# ifconfig wlan1 down
root@kali:/home/usuario# iwconfig wlan1 mode monitor
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
SET failed on device wlan1 ; Invalid argument.
root@kali:/home/usuario# ifconfig wlan1 up

I also use:

root@kali:/home/usuario# airmon-ng start wlan1
Found 5 processes that could cause trouble.
If airodump-ng, aireplay-ng or airtun-ng stops working after
a short period of time, you may want to kill (some of) them!

PID Name
494 NetworkManager
578 wpa_supplicant
612 dhclient
802 avahi-daemon
803 avahi-daemon

PHY Interface Driver Chipset

phy0 wlan0 rtl8192ce Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (rev 01)
null wlan1 rtl8812au Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8812AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN Adapter
root@kali:/home/usuario# iwconfig wlan1
wlan1 unassociated Nickname:"<WIFI@REALTEK>"
Mode:Managed Frequency=2.412 GHz Access Point: Not-Associated
Sensitivity:0/0
Retry:off RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

As you can see, I can't do nothing. What's the problem?

Grey-Matter
2016-01-02, 02:12
The driver may not be capable of monitor mode yet. The cards fairly new, so if it's not capable of monitor out of the box, i wouldn't be suprised that nobody's hacked the driver yet. What chipset does the card use?

Not sure if that's ur only card, but there isn't really any benefit to having an AC card in monitor mode right now. If u truly have a need for the dual band monitor/injection, i can highly recommend the AWUS051NH. It's a solid card, can handle 2W/33dBm, handles mon, injection, sta, and client modes great, and also does all those things in the 5Ghz band. I have TONS of AP's in my area and only 2 AP's use 5Ghz, both of em also have 2.4 broadcasts, and 1 of them is me :P

That's y i asked if u really need monitor for the AC

beirut
2016-08-27, 21:48
The driver may not be capable of monitor mode yet. The cards fairly new, so if it's not capable of monitor out of the box, i wouldn't be suprised that nobody's hacked the driver yet. What chipset does the card use?

Not sure if that's ur only card, but there isn't really any benefit to having an AC card in monitor mode right now. If u truly have a need for the dual band monitor/injection, i can highly recommend the AWUS051NH. It's a solid card, can handle 2W/33dBm, handles mon, injection, sta, and client modes great, and also does all those things in the 5Ghz band. I have TONS of AP's in my area and only 2 AP's use 5Ghz, both of em also have 2.4 broadcasts, and 1 of them is me :P

That's y i asked if u really need monitor for the AC

I have the Awus051nh but i cant get it to install
could you help me please??