PDA

View Full Version : Nexus 7 wifi issue

lokee
2015-12-29, 18:50
I'll start with a little background information....

I began by unlocking/rooting my device and installing a custom recovery image (TWRP). I originally got caught in the boot loop that seems to be common but was able to correct it and install Nethunter. It was installed over a fresh factory Android 5.0.1. I tried to hook up a TP Link TL-WN722N external card with a standard OTG cable. Originally it would not detect or even power the device. After doing some homework I figured out that it's a common issue, so I started over and flashed an older version of android (4.4.4 Kitkat) and had to do the custom recovery installation and rooting over again and, finally, installed nethunter. Now when I power up the device I get a green light on the card and it shows up when I run 'netcfg'. I can also use the 'ifconfig wlan1 up' command to seemingly bring the device online. When I go into NetHunter Home it shows both my external and internal wifi adapters under current interfaces. But when I try to run Wifite it doesnt pick up any devices and just repeats 'enabling monitor mode on Please install lspci from your distro's package manager... done' and eventually says 'no wireless interfaces were found. you need to plug in a wifi device or install drivers'

While looking around I found some info about 'apt-get' and installing proper drivers through that. The problem is that when I try to run apt-get (or a lot of other basic commands like sudo) it just says command not found. When I attempt to 'locate' it, it's not found either. 'echo $PATH' just returns /system/bin and /system/xbin and not /usr/bin where apt-get should be. In fact, /usr doesn't even exist as a directory on the device. It's almost like the operating system didn't fully install, even though everything went smooth (eventually).

Any advice?