PDA

View Full Version : Nexus 7 Persistence

Ghost_in_the_cube
2015-12-30, 22:30
I've successfully (?) installed NetHunter on my Nexus 7 16gb. However, when I look into the settings for storage, I only have about 6gb used and not even 1gb left, "available" What happened to the other 9-10 gigs? Was it an error on my part in installation?

woundedoutlaw
2016-01-02, 05:05
This sounds like it may have been a flaw during install at some point. I installed it on my 16GB nexus 7 first gen and my nexus 7 second gen 32GB and it did not take up nearly that much space.

Ghost_in_the_cube
2016-01-02, 23:51
Ok, I thought it was something like that. I tried reinstalling, and I had the same issue of only 6GB total space (>1GB available). So, I went back in, did a complete factory restart, deleting everything, and 'lo and behold, I get 13.36GB with 9.67 available! Yay!, Then, I went through the Nethunter Install process from my desktop app, and... back to 6gb. Sigh. Did some digging, and found out that step 6, when asked to "Flash Stock" version of KitKat, was putting it back to 6GB. Long story short, I factory reset again, reinstalled, skipping step 6, and went straight to pushing Nethunter. So far, so good. Thanks for the info, it really helped point me in the right direction!