PDA

View Full Version : Strange Problem - Kali installed on Samsung Core Prime

Shnappz
2016-01-08, 11:21
Hello All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been playing with Kali for a few months now and it's pretty awesome. I also decided i wanted to try it on an ARM device, so installed it onto my Samsung Core Prime phone. It can be a bit sketchy, but for the most part it works like a dream. I am having one very strange problem though and i can't figure out why or how it's happening.

When i connect to the SSH terminal i can't seem to issue apt-get commands. Initially it worked fine, and then i think a corrupted package might've caused some problems. The strange part is, when i access the dekstop enviroment via VNC, and issue the same commadns on a terminal on the desktop, it works fine...

This makes no sense to me as i assumed that the SSH server i'm connecting to was just a remote interface of the local terminal.

So at this stage, when i type: "apt-get update" into my terminal i get the error: "E: The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/http could not be found" but when i type it into the VNC desktop enviroment terminal, it works fine.

I've tried various ways of fixing the actual error via the terminal but nothing works... and i just dont get why two instances of a terminal on the same OS instance are doing completely different things...