PDA

View Full Version : wifite handshake fix

oo0
2016-01-14, 21:16
current wifite build doesn't capture handshakes properly. in wifite.py you have to change -R to -Y here (-R shows tips) :

if program_exists('tshark'):
# Call Tshark to return list of EAPOL packets in cap file.
cmd = ['tshark',
'-r', capfile, # Input file
'-Y', 'eapol', # Filter (only EAPOL packets)
'-n'] # Do not resolve names (MAC vendors)

lastRonin
2017-03-17, 20:31
hi,
please can you tell me how i can edit this? I a beginner and fight for hours and hours to fix this problem. It seems you got the solution.

donThomaso
2017-05-23, 13:52
havde you tried the new wifite? https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?35984-NEED-DEVS!-wifite-is-outdated-amp-needs-to-be-replaced&p=71637#post71637
I dont know if its working on on nethunter.

Im having problems with wifite in nethunter, loops back after enable monitor mode, but i can run it with wifite --mon-iface wlan1mon, but that dosnt work on the new wifite script. how do i add the --mon-iface command to the new wifite? Is it hard?

bigbiz
2017-09-29, 05:32
hi,
please can you tell me how i can edit this? I a beginner and fight for hours and hours to fix this problem. It seems you got the solution.
This works. Thank you. Before I configured my wifite it would just "pass through" the hand shake, but if I had airodump-ng running at the same time there was an obvious handshake there. Now wifite is recording these handshakes. Very good! This makes me wonder about the wps attack. Hmm!

Joshuaaspew
2021-02-23, 10:00
sounds like a simple enough fix that someone might even be able to pester Azzer via facebook to changedont build your hopes up too much, though