PDA

View Full Version : Kali 2.0 on a USB, trying to access files from Windows 10 OS

Justa5uvus
2016-01-27, 22:57
Please forgive me if I have missed this somewhere in the Forums, I have done a pretty exhaustive search but cannot find a suitable answer. First for a little background, I am brand new to Kali, and fairly new to Linux in general. I am taking a information security class, and I am required to use Kali for this class. I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop. I am running Kali 2.0 off of a USB drive. Kali is working fine, have had no issues with it. However, I am trying to access files (any files at this point) from my laptop (Windows 10).

Opening the file manager in Kali, I see my laptop drives on the left, but I get an error when I try to click on it. The error states "Unable to access "Lenovo" (or whichever drive I click on). The explanation shows "Error mounting /dev/sda5 at /media/root/LENOVO: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=0,gid=0,dmask=007 7,fmask=0177" "/dev/sda5" "/media/root/LENOVO"' exited with non-zero exit status 14: The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0).
Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount.
Failed to mount '/dev/sda5': Operation not permitted
The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown
Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting), or mount the volume
read-only with the 'ro' mount option."

Any suggestions?

duxim
2016-01-28, 11:41
try first with gparted just to mount this Win partition and after that try to open it normal.
second take a look in /etc/fstab iz there dev/sdaX (X is number of win 10 partition) and delete it