PDA

View Full Version : Sana / Rolling Nethunter 3.0

rootjb0
2016-02-04, 07:50
Hey guys! I just got Kali Nethunter 3.0 set up on my Nexus 5.

Upon updating everything, I saw that the sources list referenced sana and not rolling.

Since the sana repos will be took down in a few months, should I go ahead and edit the sources.list or will they push a nethunter update and take care of the rest?

Thanks for your input.

jcadduono
2016-02-04, 09:36
You have some choices.

1. You can wait for the next NetHunter update which will have a full Rolling chroot that will completely remove your Sana one (nothing saved).

2. You can modify your sources.list to point to rolling instead (which will likely have terrible consequences unless you have NetHunter app 3.0.3+)

3. You can install a nightly build (https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?29177-%28BETA%29-Kali-Nethunter-3-0-alternate-installer) of NetHunter that includes the Rolling chroot right now. (currently stable)

#1 is the safest option, #2 is the least safe option, #3 is probably your best option if you don't want to lose whatever work you've done on your Sana chroot when the next NetHunter release happens.
#3 will still wipe out your current Sana chroot, however, 60 MB / 20 MB zips are available for upgrading the apps or kernel without destroying the chroot whenever you want.