PDA

View Full Version : Kali is not detected by my UEFI

glovy
2016-02-06, 16:22
I already have Windows and another Linux installed through UEFI.
Now I connect my latest Kali USB, but my bios detects it only when I'm on legacy mode and not UEFI.
How can I make Kali visible to UEFI?

I did see other complaining about this here and online, but no 1 seem to fix that.

if I can't make it after all to be detected by UEFI, can I still install Kali from Legacy mode, and make it work together with my other Linux (which uses Grub2) and Windows?
Maybe install Kali using LEgacy, and add a boot entry to Grub2? Is it possible? or you must have all OS installed the same way? I.E all installed via UEFI or all installed via Legacy?

thanks

LukyX4
2016-02-07, 18:15
Set up in Bios boot mode to legacy then u can boot kali, but u need to make new boot configuration file using EasyBCD, in EasyBCD u need to make a new entry for boot loader, after this u can boot kali with F11 function but u can get a problem with loading kali os like me after login console screen i get black screen with small coma in upper left corner.

How i can solve this problem? i cannot load Gui login screen.

LukyX4
2016-02-07, 18:23
And i was same problem with starting installation from usb u need to use "Rufus" to make a bootable usb for your efi machine i was used DD mode for this operation and worked in boot mode Uefi with CSM but legacy must work without DD mode and u need to disable quick boot in bios