PDA

View Full Version : Having full performance out of your system with Kali Linux

mulayim
2016-02-14, 00:08
Hi Guys,

I had this crazy question always stuck inside of my head... Yet I was too embarresed to ask before. Question is this, I have a high end pc i get amazing performance with Windows 8.1 but it gets laggy and unstable in Kali Linux what could be the problem ? I am writing this from my Kali Linux clean installed system. One and only OS installed yes its capable of doing all these but even after installing Graphic cards drivers, youtube gives me laggy videos. I was wondering if there is something missing, is there something that everyone knows that i dont about how to tweak my system for Kali.

Extra Question : Why there are no Chipset drivers or Storage Accelerators etc in Linux distros like we do it in Windows ?

Thanks In Advance.

Sincerely,

duxim
2016-02-14, 09:44
it is depend of few things.
first is your hardware generally supported in Linux
second did you properly configured it
and thirdly which version of Kali you use? Full or Light?
from my experience I always use light version and my computers run very fast and smooth

mulayim
2016-02-14, 10:15
First off right after i posted this thread i wanted to install AMD Crimson edition drivers etc that i downloaded for Linux_x86_x64 and i tried to install it. Eventually it did install but now GUI wont start... Just console. So these are the problems bugging my head so much. I just want a smooth decent and relatively stable Kali experience yet i cant do it at all...