PDA

View Full Version : [Unachieved Tutorial] Nethunter 3.0 on Nexus 5 Marshmallow (hammerhead MMB29Q)

Tonyoh
2016-02-14, 18:39
Hi,

As I have spent all the week-end en week trying to install Kali Linux I believe this thread could be helpful to make a simple directive on how to install Nethunter 3.0.

First I will start to list simple steps that saved me from having a broken smartphone:

1) Always having usb debugging enabled: in developer mode (google how to active developer mode) and install google drivers.

2) In case it goes ugly (can't find home, can't find etc... when booting): Hard factory reset:
Go to https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images and download https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/hammerhead-mmb29q-factory-6356d31e.tgz (you should know what is your version)
Just unzip in a folder an run .bat

3) I even add a problem when rooting when supersu was not able to be installed properly by NRT. http://rootmygalaxy.net/install-twrp-recovery-via-fastboot/ proved to be very helpful in that case.
Also don't forget that you may have to temporarily disable usb debugging to transfer file via MTP.

4) carefully follow steps from various tutorials on internet.

Anyways, even after following all these steps I would like to make a very clean installation. I read miscellaneous tutorial but no one seems to match Nexus 5 + Hammerhead 3.0.0
I would really appreciate if someone could help me on this issue as I wasted about 15h to root / unroot / root / trying to install nethunter / format.

Biggest issue was when installing busybox I wasn't sure if I should install in su/xbin or system/xbin as su/xbin was default but all tutorials recommend system/xbin.

Second biggest issue was when booting from twrp and installing nethunter image it stucks randomly from 20% up to 90% (telling done... but then nothing happened... maybe should I have wait 30mn instead of only 15mn ?)

Anyways a big thanks for those who can help and I also hope that I may be useful.

Regards,

localhost
2016-02-17, 09:26
Hello, Tonyoh
from my experience you will wanna flash stock to Android 6.0.1 MMB29S if you wanna use nethunter 3.0 at the time of this post it appears that android 6.0.1 MMB29Q will not work.
This goes for Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 not sure about Nexus 6P but if you have an issue when you're in TWRP and it's stuck on 20% 70% or 90% longer than an hour then it's likely an issue with your android build make sure you have Android 6.0.1 MMB29S installed and don't upgrade until they get Nethunter 3.0 to work with the latest.

jcadduono
2016-02-18, 00:25
Hey, you guys can try the hammerheadcm kernel if you have any interest in CyanogenMod 13 - not sure if it works on Google's MMB29Q though. (feel free to try kernel-only zip to test, if it doesn't boot just restore your stock boot image)
I just updated it a few minutes ago with f2fs support, SIO scheduling, and UKSM, and a few missing things.

You can find it here: https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/nightly/3.0.5-20160217-1923/
I recommend installing kernel-only (your device: hammerheadcm), trying to boot, if it boots, install the generic-armhf kalifs rolling zip from the chroot-full folder.
If it doesn't boot, please let me know as I don't own the device!

We haven't updated the hammerhead (non-cm) kernel in some time, so it likely won't work for you even in the nightlies.

Flash them from TWRP 2.8.7.0 or 3.0.0-0. (copy to sdcard or adb sideload should work)

Tonyoh
2016-02-18, 16:05
Hello, problem is that I updated 29Q with february security patch... not sure that it would be a good idea to flash 29S

localhost
2016-02-19, 17:50
Hello, problem is that I updated 29Q with february security patch... not sure that it would be a good idea to flash 29S

I flashed back to MMB29S and im fine running nethunter I wouldn't recommend upgrading after installing nethunter might stop it from working.
However my nethunter works just fine for me on my Nexus 6 running android 6.0.1 MMB29S You can either wait for them to get nethunter working with the latest android or you can reflash to the MMB29S firmware and use nethunter.

Now granted running any outdated system is bad thing to do but sadly that's the only way you can use nethunter seems like they're always 1 step behind in releasing updates.
My guess is you gotta flash every time there is a new release of nethunter for the newer android I guess because im not sure how you can upgrade android without having to flash it.

khanfar
2016-02-22, 12:40
i have android v MMB29q on my nexus5 ,,,, i try to install nethunter using twrp 3.0 BUT NOT work its hold in 90% and tell me : checking for kali Chroot in EXreact:/data/local/kalifs-full.tar.xz ,,,,,,,,,, NOW I TRY WHAT YOU SAY VERSION MMB29S AND NOT WORK TOO !!!! HELP ! ,,,,, does need install supersu and busybox before flash kali zip 3.0 ???? please ANY IDEA ??????

localhost
2016-02-22, 23:16
i have android v MMB29q on my nexus5 ,,,, i try to install nethunter using twrp 3.0 BUT NOT work its hold in 90% and tell me : checking for kali Chroot in EXreact:/data/local/kalifs-full.tar.xz ,,,,,,,,,, NOW I TRY WHAT YOU SAY VERSION MMB29S AND NOT WORK TOO !!!! HELP ! ,,,,, does need install supersu and busybox before flash kali zip 3.0 ???? please ANY IDEA ??????

Yes, needs to be rooted easy way is to use a program called The Nexus Root Toolkit works on Windows you will need to install the Drivers from TAB 4 I recommend Option #1 from Tab 4 once you have installed and setup the nexus root toolkit.
after you install the nexus root toolkit you can get it from wugfresh.com when you run the program after its install it will tell you it needs to download some stuff like SuperSU ect ect ect download that stuff then install the driver on tab 4 using option #1.

from there test the driver to make sure your phone and driver works it will reboot your phone if your get a successful message when its finished the driver is installed.

read what the boxes say when they pop up and do what it says.
after your get your driver working you need to unlock the bootloader and then root your phone everything from install the nexus root toolkit to install nethunter 3.0 on your phone will take at least an hour or more to finish everything.

Gh0sT.sh
2016-02-23, 08:34
ROOT NEXUS WITHOUT PC ROOTING TOOLS
if the Nexus root kit fails to install root in your device their is a another way i would like to mention
a manual method
#########
download Elimental X kernal (http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9am9gx9h6na9m7/N5-ElementalX-6.0.zip)
download Super SU (https://download.chainfire.eu/743/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip)
Now
Method 1:
PRESS Vol Down+Power On (that must take you to ADB Fast boot mode)
Now use Nexus tool kit and select (Advanced Utilities (Launch)>Fast Boot (Custom Recovery))
Now your Device will Auto boot in Recovery Mode TWRP
Now In TWRP Mode Install>Browse to downloads click on the Both Zips and swipt to install
But note : Elimental X kernal should be first installed
second step is to install SU or Root

Now install Busy Box and Restart :) ;) Hurray!!!! You are a SU on your Device now ;)

admiralcadel
2016-02-29, 18:17
My nexus 5 lolipop with net hunter fix when i stuck on 90% . I reboot my device and go to net hunter app. The notif say " chroot not found. When i try to open terminal and that is forced close. I try looking notificatiin and do it manually . just extract nethunter lzip in folder as same on notification . and finally complete install .