PDA

View Full Version : ASP/Ace.Q Trojan after installing Kali VM

rogueb
2016-02-17, 05:24
Hi guys, I'm new to Linux and have been learning it for the past week or so. I've installed many distros on VM's just to mess around. Anyways, I just installed another Kali VM and when I opened it up the antivirus on my host OS found a virus:
Object: http://archive-2.kali.org/kali/pool/main/w/webshells/webshells_1.1-0kali0_all.deb
Threat: ASP/Ace.Q Trojan
Connection terminated

Is this something I need to worry about? From what I've read its a pretty severe backdoor? I was surprised when it was found because I thought there were no connections between the host OS and guest OS (unless there are shared folders?)

Appreciate any help!

grid
2016-02-17, 12:44
Given the nature of the tools in Kali, I'm sure many/most of them would be flagged by anti-virus.

Just to be safe, I'd verify the SHA1 hashes; even if you got the download from kali.org or an authorized mirror.

rogueb
2016-02-17, 19:53
Given the nature of the tools in Kali, I'm sure many/most of them would be flagged by anti-virus.

Just to be safe, I'd verify the SHA1 hashes; even if you got the download from kali.org or an authorized mirror.

Appreciate the reply. I'm pretty sure I downloaded it via torrent through the official page. The hashes don't match though. Also, the .iso I have is 3.09gb compared to the 2.6gb on the official page. The hashes match this torrent: https://kat.cr/kali-linux-2-0-x64-t11079575.html#main

I forgot to mention that this virus was detected when I did apt-get update. Is it possible for my host OS (Win 7) to flag the tools in my Kali VM? I have another Kali VM installed and I haven't had any issues with it.

grid
2016-02-19, 12:49
You're welcome :)

Hmm, if the hashes don't match, then something went wrong somewhere.

I haven't had AV flag anything in a Kali VM. However, I did tell my anti-virus to ignore the directory where my VMs are stored, just to be safe.

stian
2016-02-24, 22:07
Hei guys I just installed NOD32 on my Kali 2.0 after complete scan I get "a variant of Java/Exploit.CVE-2012-4681.DA" on location usr/share/metasploit-framework/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.2.0/cache/........ my question is this metasploit tool for the(my) kali OS or Im fucked? I also getting threats 23237.pl, 17.pl, 22999.pl, 474.sh on location usr/share/exploitdb/platforms/windows/dos/ and usr/share/exploitdb/platforms/php/webapps/... Is it completely normal or do I ned some hard cleaning, someone?