PDA

View Full Version : Issue with installing on Intel NUC

mave2ick
2016-02-24, 20:43
Hi Guys,

I've been tasked with getting Kali to work on the Intel NUC, model number NUC5PPYH. Since it's very cheap and powerful for the money, sounded like a no brainer. Here's the issues I've run into:

- Latest Kali-Rolling (2016.1) - I get through the install, then upon first boot it hangs on the fsck. I thought maybe the IO was slow and let it run over the weekend, come Monday it didn't finish. Upon rebooting the same issue occurred. I tried reinstalling using LVM partitioning, same issue. Also to boot, when trying to boot into kali live, nothing happens.

- Kali 2.0 - Once again got through the entire install without any issues, when booting up I get the wonderful splash screen that something went wrong, system can't recover and that I should contact my administrator!! When trying to boot into kali live, nothing happens. I've tried both partitioning.

Has anyone had an issue? Again, I am using the quad core pentium and 8 gb ram model NUC. Thanks guys!

- Matt

jester
2016-02-24, 22:40
Possibly a display driver issue.

When you hit the grub screen on boot, edit the line (by pressing e). Look for a line that starts with linux and ends with quiet. After quiet, add nomodeset and then press F10 or ctrl+x to boot.

That's more of a workaround than a fix (if it works) but it will help determine where the problem is.

mave2ick
2016-02-25, 00:38
hmm, didn't think about that. I'll give that a try in the morning and post results. Thanks.

Alexius
2016-03-21, 10:02
Hi Guys,

I've been tasked with getting Kali to work on the Intel NUC, model number NUC5PPYH. Since it's very cheap and powerful for the money, sounded like a no brainer. Here's the issues I've run into:

- Latest Kali-Rolling (2016.1) - I get through the install, then upon first boot it hangs on the fsck. I thought maybe the IO was slow and let it run over the weekend, come Monday it didn't finish. Upon rebooting the same issue occurred. I tried reinstalling using LVM partitioning, same issue. Also to boot, when trying to boot into kali live, nothing happens.

- Kali 2.0 - Once again got through the entire install without any issues, when booting up I get the wonderful splash screen that something went wrong, system can't recover and that I should contact my administrator!! When trying to boot into kali live, nothing happens. I've tried both partitioning.

Has anyone had an issue? Again, I am using the quad core pentium and 8 gb ram model NUC. Thanks guys!

- Matt

Hi all, I have same problem.
I have idem intel nuc model and when i installaled last version of kali 64, when i started boot I have same problem.
Have you solved ?
Thanks

Alex