PDA

View Full Version : Terminal error "1) no title" then closes. on Nexus 9 running 6.0.1

Turin
2016-02-27, 05:30
I get this error whenever i try and open a Kali terminal window. This is on an HTC Nexus 9 wifi. I can open an android terminal window just fine though.

When I look in /data/data/com.offsec.nethunter/ it is empty, so I believe it cant find bootkali, but im not anywhere smart enough to figure this out on my own sadly.

Reporting this as a possible bug as two other people in my office have nexus 9's and have the exact same issue.

Gh0sT.sh
2016-02-27, 08:51
In Net Hunter menu
download the CHROOT

i mean go to Kali > Kali Chroot Manager > install Chroot

You can't do anything without the chroot installed

or download manually from Kali.org

or below it the guide

http://ikrami.net/2015/05/12/kali-linux-chroot-install-on-android-os/

Turin
2016-02-29, 04:39
In Net Hunter menu
download the CHROOT

i mean go to Kali > Kali Chroot Manager > install Chroot

You can't do anything without the chroot installed

or download manually from Kali.org

or below it the guide

http://ikrami.net/2015/05/12/kali-linux-chroot-install-on-android-os/

Thank you for the response.

I have uninstalled and re-installed chroot several times, and unfortunatly encounter the same issue afterwards.

Turin
2016-03-02, 00:10
Thank you for the response.

I have uninstalled and re-installed chroot several times, and unfortunatly encounter the same issue afterwards.

To add to this. After I have installed chroot, and I try to add metapackages, when it tries to launch the kali shell window in order to get MP's, the same thing happens ( terminal window errors out ) and no metapackages can be installed.

Turin
2016-03-22, 15:31
update: with the kernal update to MMB29V ( which was not out at the time of the original posts ) everything is working fine now. I did have to screw around with drivers to make my TL-wn722n wireless card to work afterwards ( I.E apt-get install firmware-atrheros and then create the folder /system/etc/firmware, and then copy the files from /lib/firmware to /system/etc/firmware )

I did test this a couple times reverting to MMB29R or earlier, and it failed every time, but always worked with MMB29V. So it seem to have been the android build it seems, not the nethunter build.