PDA

View Full Version : TWRP giving Error: /data/local/nhsystem/kali-armf/dev/loop2 (Not A Directory)

ls998
2016-03-05, 23:16
I have a Nexus 4, with TWRP, and previously with Nethunter 3.0 over Google stock Lollipop. However, after trying to install a rom that would enable OTG support, my Nexus 4 stopped booting.

I tried to reflash Kali Nethunter, but it still didn't work, and now TWRP is giving an error like this, even after wiping /system, /cache and /data:
Updating partition details...
Error opening: /data/local/nhsystem/kali-armf/dev/loop2
(Not A Directory)

I tried flashing the Google stock zip and img files using TWRP without a PC (not a good idea), which made things a lot worse - in normal boot, the Google boot screen won't show, and the screen looks like it is malfunctioning (flickering with random colours and stripes). Luckily, recovery mode still works.

TWRP indicates that there is no OS installed, and installing the Nethunter zip still doesn't work.

I can't really use adb to completely overwrite the installation on my phone, due to PC restrictions. So, I was wondering if there was a Nethunter zip that would completely overwrite the old stuff on my phone.

Otherwise, I would appreciate if somebody could point me/share to a nandroid/TWRP backup of any working OS for Nexus 4, I'm kind of desperate now.

UPDATE: YESSSS! I GOT IT TO WORK!

SO basically, what I did was boot from a VM (i know, crazy idea), and install adb there, and from there do a install. I didn't think that would work, because of previous experience, and I expected there to be some bridging issues between the guest OS and the device.

Luckily for me, it miraculously worked!

I guess now I have to reinstall all my stuff... Better than nothing

@nonymous
2016-04-01, 17:58
I have the same problem on a Nexus 5, however, this error does not affect the operation of the system. Another thing I noticed, if you install only the core and apk, no error occurs, it occurs when you install a chroot, just disappears when you remove.

Phreya
2016-04-01, 18:05
This error is safe to ignore.

jtitton
2016-06-09, 12:42
It's safe to ignore, but if you want to fix you can format data using twrp, but this will destroy all data inside.
This procedure is for use only when you decide to restore your nexus to the factory condition.

rick_barrs
2016-06-09, 23:54
I get this same message on my Nexus 10 during the final reboot after install