PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting Share Folders and Copy & Paste on Kali Rolling - Virtualbox

boba.fett
2016-03-09, 22:52
Hi, I made a new instalation on Virtualbox machine, follow the instructions publish on the website, but i cant get work the virtualbox sharing folders and copy & paste bidirectional.

I try installing guest adition like the older version and try with apt-get install virtual... and nothing.

Any help please?

lyakov
2016-03-10, 01:50
I had the same problem with my installation of kali-2016.1 on Virtual box. Following steps fixed it for me.

apt-get purge virtualbox-guest-x11
apt-get autoremove --purge
reboot
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot
apt-get update
apt-get install -y virtualbox-guest-x11
reboot

Of course, you have to enable bidirectional copy & paste and shared folder option in Virtua box Machine setup.

boba.fett
2016-03-10, 15:49
I try it, but nothing :-( any other suggestion?

And I have problem getting my Alfa adapter on Monitor mode too, so I donto know if it's about the same, cause It works fine if I use it on Kali stand alone.

boba.fett
2016-03-11, 00:06
Ok, I make it work:

Just did:

1.- apt autoremove
2.- apt-get remove && apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade -y
3.- apt autoremove

And now it's working the saher and copy&paste.

But still having problems with the alfa adapter: I'm here -->> https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?30172-Problem-w-Alfa-AWUSH036H-%28virtualbox%29

Thanks for the help.

conodeen
2016-05-22, 14:29
Thank you. This worked much much better than the other stuff I've tried. Full screen and shared clipboard now work like a charm. But I'm still having issues with the drag and drop. It "allows" me to drag and drop files into the guest system but the files never actually show up. Any ideas? I'm working from a windows host.

legaleyesit
2016-06-30, 12:54
i created this account just to say thank you! after the update some weird things were happening with vbox and LYAKOV's solution got my desktop back at full screen!

thanks a ton mate!

q1w2e3
2016-11-26, 03:44
Hi, I was having the same problem and I tried this method, but after the second reboot, kali linux is not even capturing my mouse and I cannot navigate the screen. Any idea what's happening?

Sajan007
2016-12-21, 15:12
I had the same problem with my installation of kali-2016.1 on Virtual box. Following steps fixed it for me.

reboot
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot
apt-get update
reboot

Of course, you have to enable bidirectional copy & paste and shared folder option in Virtua box Machine setup.

I just make this acc to thank U. It took me almost 2 days to make it work nothing worked until i read urs post ty so much :D

zinedine
2017-07-10, 02:31
lyakov's solution also worked for me, thanks!

greenkali
2017-11-18, 19:42

reboot
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot
apt-get update
reboot

Great just solve the problem.
its very helpfull if you explain in detail

guyarad
2017-12-07, 06:32
Thank you for the help, however these steps wasn't enough for my, for some reason. It didn't appear in the media directory after configuring the share, as described in some manuals online.
I'm using 2017.3 with vbox 5.2.2.

Here're the extra steps (mounting the shared folder in the guest OS):

create a folder, with whichever name you want wherever you want - this is the mountpoint
mount -t vboxsf [-o OPTIONS] sharename mountpoint
In order to persist the change, you need to modify /etc/fstab and add the following line: sharename /media/vbox_shared_folder vboxsf defaults 0 0

NOTE: the sharename is what you configured when you defined the folder.

See some details and different answers here (https://serverfault.com/questions/674974/how-to-mount-a-virtualbox-shared-folder).
Detailed manual from VirtualBox here (https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html#sharedfolders).

Hope it helps anyone.

1ch1r0
2017-12-10, 18:03
@guyarad - Thanks for the help. I was having same issue as you. Followed your steps and issue is now solved.

DermotDerwin
2017-12-11, 04:01
Hi lyakov,
I am having the same problem and followed your instructions but didnt worked for me. I will be kind if you will guide me. Thanks in advance.

guyarad
2017-12-12, 10:53
@DermotDerwin try my suggested solution above

1ch1r0
2018-01-12, 11:09
Solution also worked for me, thank you lyakov!

Immortal25
2018-06-23, 08:28

reboot
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot
apt-get update
reboot

Thanks mate, worked for me. Drag and drop is still giving problems but copy paste is working

electrokali
2018-12-11, 21:43
reboot
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot
apt-get update
reboot,

i did this same but still it's not working for me, i have vmware & in settings drag+share & copy paste ticked but it's not working? :( any help ........

fabio.ruini
2019-01-01, 20:36
[cut]
Hope it helps anyone.

It worked for me, thanks for your post.

bers3rker
2019-01-05, 11:11

reboot
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot
apt-get update
reboot

Thanks been dealing this for days :)