PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Live cd Kalli linux 65

Gladiator
2016-03-20, 19:00
Hi today i try to boot my Toshiba Laptop from a Live Dvd Kali linux 64 but i get this message.

" Boot failure : a proper digital signature was not found...
One of the files on the selected boot device was rejceted by the Secure boot feature "

In this LapTop with Ubuntu 64 all WAS PERFECT ,but with Kali i get this message again and again i Try 6 times , i download the ISO from Brwoser ,from Torrent
together with " kali-linux-2016.1-amd64.txt.sha1sum" and i heave Burned 6 Times with Iso Power - CdBurnerXp- Image Burner, with 4x speed with 8x speed with 16x speed but again and again the message was same.
Can help somebody??
Thank You

kcdtv
2016-03-20, 19:14
i have a satellite too... couldn't make it with the "safe boot" enabled, you have to disable the "safe boot/secure boot" (you stay in efi mode but disable safe boot)

Gladiator
2016-03-20, 20:38
i have a satellite too... couldn't make it with the "safe boot" enabled, you have to disable the "safe boot/secure boot" (you stay in efi mode but disable safe boot)

Thank you VERY MUCH , In I change an UEFI MODE TO CMS because and with Safeboot disabled i get again the same message.
Now everything IS OK
THANK YOU

kcdtv
2016-03-21, 19:21
You very welcome.
CSM will work with pretty much everything
With my satellite I can launch kali in efi mode.
Maybe if you want to be able to launch it in EFI mode you can try to udate your EFI-BIOS but i am not sure it is worthless and it can be risky with this damned toshiba satellite : Once i updated it and it broke all my grub and broke the EFI-safe mode too... that was a pretty f------d up situation
Not the best EFI-Bios :p

Gladiator
2016-03-21, 20:10
You very welcome.
CSM will work with pretty much everything
With my satellite I can launch kali in efi mode.
Maybe if you want to be able to launch it in EFI mode you can try to udate your EFI-BIOS but i am not sure it is worthless and it can be risky with this damned toshiba satellite : Once i updated it and it broke all my grub and broke the EFI-safe mode too... that was a pretty f------d up situation
Not the best EFI-Bios :p

I try with UEFI Mode but doesn't boot, the Kali boot only in CMS Mode.

kcdtv
2016-03-22, 02:57
Well, you are not lucky, your EFI is worth than mine... :p
For me it is not that a big deal to have to play a little with the uefi when you want to switch to a linux OS.
Maybe things will get better in the future: Linux kernel 4.6 will bring many improvement in EFI handling ... don't loose faith...
cheers

Gladiator
2016-03-27, 19:32
I think is better we to change LapTop :D.