PDA

View Full Version : Kali Linux ARM chroot on Android?

zitstif
2013-03-19, 03:05
Has anyone had any luck getting kali linux to run under a chroot environment under Android?

Should it be almost as simple as following this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1074200

Is there anything different one might have to do?

Any words of wisdom or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

d3pl0y
2013-03-24, 00:40
Use Linux Deploy in the android market it already supports Kali. All the tools are available with apt-get except metasploit, set, etc but you can install those with git clone and wget. Just search online. I have it running on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus although the 4.2.2 update has caused some freeze issues. My Nexus 7 runs it perfectly. No freezes or anything. Metasploit, Set and all works. Nmap, Ncrack, sslstrip, ettercap, wpscan, Hydra, John, wireshark, tshark, sniffit, macchanger, frageroute, fragrouter, arping, dnsmap, rkhunter, everthing is there and works. Just search with

apt-cache search scanner

Replace scanner with what your looking for.

clearday
2013-03-24, 13:12
I can't seem to get Kali Linux running on my galaxy nexus with Linux deploy- the app downloads everything except for the apt-get files. Any tips?

zitstif
2013-03-25, 03:48
"Use Linux Deploy in the android market it already supports Kali."

Does Linux Deploy download the appropriate Kali ISO for you or do you have to download the ISO for Linux Deploy? If you have to download it, which version did you download?

expphoto
2013-03-25, 06:04
Check out my post regarding this for the DNA. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2194237. Should find it helpful.

clearday
2013-03-25, 08:05
Sorry, but I got lost when the topic shifted to backtrack 5. This seems complicated and requires downloading two sets of at least 4GB of images just to get Kali working. Of course I'm probably just misinterpreting the instructions.

Is it possible to just download the working kali image from you? I'm on the road right now and only have my galaxy nexus with me. I've already tried installing Kali four times over slow WiFi connection with no luck. Thank you for your help.

expphoto
2013-03-25, 15:23
Sorry, but I got lost when the topic shifted to backtrack 5. This seems complicated and requires downloading two sets of at least 4GB of images just to get Kali working. Of course I'm probably just misinterpreting the instructions.

Is it possible to just download the working kali image from you? I'm on the road right now and only have my galaxy nexus with me. I've already tried installing Kali four times over slow WiFi connection with no luck. Thank you for your help.

You are misunderstanding. The link I posted contains a link to the new kali image (5 gigs compressed into 1), AND instructions to get it working on the DNA (might require a few changes for other phones, if needed I might be able to help).

Hypothetically, what could also be done would be to COPY (not dd) all linux files onto an ext4 formatted sd card, into a specific folder, and chroot into Kali that way. That would skip mounting altogether. Though mounting the raw disk dumps was a pain. (I had to do them via macfuse, and couldn't get them mounted via terminal)

clearday
2013-03-25, 16:30
Yeah, Linux Deploy was supposed to automate the installation process. The problem is, after the app goes through the motion of downloading the necessary files, it cannot mount the linux image it created.

My only other option now is complete Linux installer- too bad the dev has no definite ETA when the Kali support would be available.

clearday
2013-03-25, 22:19
finally fogured it out. it was my internet connection preventing the download. it is working now, but it seems to be even more limited than bt5 for arm.

expphoto
2013-03-26, 19:11
Yea, I haven't switched to Kali on my mobile devices, but the usage is way more simple manually. Startup: /sdcard/kali/bootbt Shutdown: /sdcard/kali/shutdown.