PDA

View Full Version : Wine will not work at all in Kali Rolling.

w1r3dh4ck3r
2016-04-06, 00:53
So I'm at the point of almost committing suicide here, I keep seeing videos of people doing the same EXACT procedure I do to make wine works in Kali and for ME it refuses to work for some reason, I'm extremely tired of this, I know I'm not dumb but there is a limit to every human being, please try to help me solve this issue.

So I have a new installation of Kali Rolling, the ISO was verified and it is OK, my hardware is OK, I just installed some essentials and, as it happens I have a software that I need to run, that software is a .NET .exe, when I try to run with the wine command, it says for me to install mono, so I install mono, and it keeps saying this, now, I really love Kali and you guys did an awesome job, I was using Ubuntu and I completely removed Ubuntu so I could concentrate on using Kali as a day to day OS, thats the only big issue I have.

I would really appreciate if you could point to some directions (yes I tried every tutorial there is for Kali 2, nothing actually works, you let me know if you need more info.

I get this error, no matter what I do:

root@kali:/home/w1r3dh4ck3r/Downloads/Imminent Monitor 4.1.0# wine install
Executing wine (wineserver32) 1.8.1 on Debian Kali Linux Rolling (amd64).
If something goes wrong, please rerun with "WINEDEBUG=err+all wine"
for more detailed debugging output.
wine: '/root/.wine' is a 64-bit installation, it cannot be used with a 32-bit wineserver.
root@kali:/home/w1r3dh4ck3r/Downloads/Imminent Monitor 4.1.0#

Edit: Pity this forums are as dead as it seems they are, can you suggest me a better place to sort out Kali Rolling bugs?

nahci13
2016-05-05, 14:43
Hello
Maybe the problem solver with:

apt-get install wine32-preloader wine64-preloader

byomdwi
2016-05-08, 16:55
Thanks bro ,
Above code worked like a charm.....
:cool: