PDA

View Full Version : Virtualbox and other software problems

macmoo
2016-04-06, 10:54
Good day all

Hoping this post finds everyone well.

I am hoping someone can perhaps assist.

I recently upgraded from Kali 2.0 to the new Rolling version. However the upgraded OS had some funny bugs and I decided to do a fresh install.

2 days ago , I made a backup and installed the Rolling version as a fresh install.

However, since the new installation, I have not been able to install either Skype or Virtualbox.

If I install virtualbox from the Repo's then I get the following message during installation :

First Installation: checking all kernels...
Building only for 4.3.0-kali1-amd64
Module build for the currently running kernel was skipped since the
kernel source for this kernel does not seem to be installed.
Job for virtualbox.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status virtualbox.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript virtualbox, action "restart" failed.

I had a look at the details as supplied in these two commands :
Apr 06 12:48:53 Machiel-kali systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: VirtualBox Linux kernel module.

Apr 06 12:48:53 Machiel-kali systemd[1]: virtualbox.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

That is the only info it gives me.

I then tried to download the virtualbox and extension pack from Oracle website and do a manual install, however I then gets package dependencies which I am even unable to resolve using gdebi.

Dependency is not satisfiable: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0)

Can anyone please assist me in troubleshooting and fixing this issue as using my virtual machines is very important for my daily tasks.

Regards