PDA

View Full Version : Error playing videos on mycomputer

aguvasu
2016-04-07, 09:58
I upgraded kali 2.0 sana using apt-get upgrade and I'm longer able to play videos on my computer. This exception is thrown

This file cannot be played over the network. Try downloading it locally first.

g0tmi1k
2016-04-07, 11:04
Issue has now been fixed: https://bugs.kali.org/view.php?id=3218
apt-get update; apt-get upgrade

xka80
2016-04-09, 19:28
i have the same problem...i upgraded today my kali linux 2.0.... but doesn't work now, yesterday was good ....problem with native screenrecorder too...and for example vlc media player can't open.... anybody can help me? thanks

stevo4
2016-04-10, 08:07
To open VLC type this in terminal:

sed -i 's/geteuid/getppid/g' /usr/bin/vlc

xka80
2016-04-10, 08:58
To open VLC type this in terminal:

sed -i 's/geteuid/getppid/g' /usr/bin/vlc

thank you! it works already.... any issues for native screenrecorder? or can you offer me a simple what works? ...i'd like to broadcast videos....thanks

bond benz
2016-04-10, 11:36
There is Screenrecorder at the top of desktop ( Camera Icon ) click on it and start video recording , it will be saved on Videos Folder or open your terminal and type : recordmydesktop
its will start recording , output file will be moved to root folder with name : out.ogv

xka80
2016-04-10, 12:49
There is Screenrecorder at the top of desktop ( Camera Icon ) click on it and start video recording , it will be saved on Videos Folder or open your terminal and type : recordmydesktop
its will start recording , output file will be moved to root folder with name : out.ogv

thank you! with terminal command it works.. but just with terminal:)