PDA

View Full Version : nethunter install unsuported device any2kernal nexus 5

bobbymcfarleen
2016-04-15, 19:02
hello
trying to install nethunter on nexus 5 running lolipop 5.1.1.

i follow the instructions found on vast amounts of forums,flash stock,flash twrp,flash su.install nethunter zip.

all goes well and smooth until i start to install it loads aroma and goes thru everything untill the any2kernal by osmosis it claims my device is unsupported,and aborts itself from install the kernal which i imagine is why when i do load finally into nethunter that my wifi cards dont work.

using

airmon-ng start wlan0

i get nothing,no devices

id love some help of how to get the kernal and drives going

i thought of installing the pwnkernal on xda for wireless driver suport,but as im new to all this rooting/flashing i have never gone as far as to compile my own kernal,

if someone would be able to help me get this going it would be a great help.

also i thought the nexus 5 had a chip that was possible to inject,is this possible?

1,some other things that may cause problems,first i tried installing nethunter3.0 on marshmallow butread on forums for best compatability with wireless drives i best stay with lolipop for some reaseon i tried but when re flashing/downgrading to stock,i had cant find boot,recovery,system.sig i flashed seperatly all the img with ./fastboot.all installed good just thought it could help towards troubleshooting,

2,also when installing twrp i am offerd normal or a caf version which should i use to confirm i choose the normal ?

3,when in aroma the nethunter installer i am offerd to install binary if need be but im not so sure what it is so i dont is this a problem perhaps?

anyway hope alls well with the rest of the world any help would be Amazing

thanks

Phreya
2016-04-16, 05:30
Give us the link to the NetHunter installer you used. It's just a string that needs to be changed there.

bobbymcfarleen
2016-04-19, 13:20
i flashed nethunter from inside twrp,i flashed onto lolipop,5.1.1 this nethunter file.nethunter-hammerhead-lollipop-3.0.zip
i hope this is what you mean.
also tried y cable and no such luck at all

Duane
2016-04-21, 04:10
i flashed nethunter from inside twrp,i flashed onto lolipop,5.1.1 this nethunter file.nethunter-hammerhead-lollipop-3.0.zip
i hope this is what you mean.
also tried y cable and no such luck at all

Download and save this custom ROM(Marshmallow) on sdcard and install as the same way you install nethunter with twrp
http://www.mediafire.com/?pvbhon85zp298jn
Also download and install Nexus 5 kali-nethunter Marshmallow 3.0 on top of custom ROM: https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-nethunter-download/
For best result reset your phone - wipe all except sdcard where you save the ROMs