PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing APPLICATIONS Toolbar -Kali GNU/Linux Rolling 64-bit

d95gas
2016-06-05, 09:42
Hi,

Just installing the Kali Rolling Image, well about 2 weeks ago and up to last night its been great. Then last night went to the APPLICATIONS menu (top left), everything initially appears normal, but if I then click to select one of the left menu items, such as "FORENSICS", all the left side menus go and leaves the right hand side with the applications.

I can then move the cursor down the black area on the left where the menus were, and the options on the right appear for each sub-menu.

Soon as I click on the desktop, and go back to the Applications menu, they are all back until I click a menu.

The major pain is that I cannot get the other options that I would normally scroll down on the menu list for.... Under "Usual Applications".

I did follow a guide on "Blackmoreops" to remove and then reinstall, but this has no effect at all.

Anyone come across it and know how to fix it.........Its a pain........ and I dont want to go through the pain of a reinstall.

Many thanks

rootadmin
2016-06-08, 14:26
hi, try this , i used and repair for my

apt-get install gnome-core kali-defaults kali-root-login desktop-base