PDA

View Full Version : how stable is nethunter on a nexus 5X? Has anyone used it with google Fi?

thesle3p
2016-06-18, 18:08
Before I root,Unlock and Flash Nethunter on my Nexus 5X has anyone used nethunter on the 5X? is it stable? Is it Functional? I see it is listed as supported on the wiki but I don't see a download image for it on the website, A friend said he couldn't get the phone app to work with nethunter installed on his 5X, also has anyone tested it with google Fi? I doubt it would be a issue but I just want to make sure.

rek2wilds
2016-06-23, 06:33
Before I root,Unlock and Flash Nethunter on my Nexus 5X has anyone used nethunter on the 5X? is it stable? Is it Functional? I see it is listed as supported on the wiki but I don't see a download image for it on the website, A friend said he couldn't get the phone app to work with nethunter installed on his 5X, also has anyone tested it with google Fi? I doubt it would be a issue but I just want to make sure.

Hello been looking to install it on my nexus 5x as well.. but even do it says is supported in the nethunter wiki.. in the downloads section there is no option for headhunter, so not option for nexus 5x.. where did you download the .zip from?

xTheCrow
2016-06-24, 01:59
ye i also saw that on https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/wiki#10-supported-devices-and-roms wiki the Nexus 5x (bullhead) is one of the supported devices.. but by googling and searching here, i only hear bad notices... can someone tell us if it work or not?

rek2wilds
2016-06-24, 18:51
Hello been looking to install it on my nexus 5x as well.. but even do it says is supported in the nethunter wiki.. in the downloads section there is no option for headhunter, so not option for nexus 5x.. where did you download the .zip from?
is bullhead sorry not headhunter **** I mixed them both it was late at night :)

but yeah are there anywhere images for this? if not any blog with instructions how to make them yourself? also how stable it is? etc..

jeremyyy94
2016-06-29, 03:53
Hi guys, regarding your issue, You can easily build ur own NetHunter to ur devices instead of download the zip files from the website. please refer back NetHunter website for more information about building NetHunter.

But if you guys still confused or need to seek for help, I will make a video on how to build and install the NetHunter to your Nexus devices.

Hit me up anytime, [email protected].

rek2wilds
2016-06-30, 01:37
Hi guys, regarding your issue, You can easily build ur own NetHunter to ur devices instead of download the zip files from the website. please refer back NetHunter website for more information about building NetHunter.

But if you guys still confused or need to seek for help, I will make a video on how to build and install the NetHunter to your Nexus devices.

Hit me up anytime, [email protected].

I will give it a try... but does it work? or is alpha?
a video will be awesome!!!

jeremyyy94
2016-06-30, 06:32
Hey thanks guy, I had my Nexus 4 and Nexus 5x working with the Nethunter so you don't have to worry about buying a new Nexus devices.
But for the record it is better to have a Nexus devices or a Oneplus device with the Nethunter.

jeremyyy94
2016-06-30, 07:13
I will give it a try... but does it work? or is alpha?
a video will be awesome!!!

I can't guarantee the answer is if it alpha or not, but according to what I know. The Github where Kali Nethunter code, there are few participate to fix bugs and error as patch daily so make sure you update the kali nethunter often, or rebuild your Nethunter weekly or monthly(for me). And make sure you surf the forum if you had any bugs or error encounter.

Regarding the build a NetHunter yourself, I recommended new user to use a Linux to build your first NetHunter to you mobile devices.
Well as what they've always said, you wanna be a hacker start mastering your Linux.

rek2wilds
2016-07-01, 04:08
I can't guarantee the answer is if it alpha or not, but according to what I know. The Github where Kali Nethunter code, there are few participate to fix bugs and error as patch daily so make sure you update the kali nethunter often, or rebuild your Nethunter weekly or monthly(for me). And make sure you surf the forum if you had any bugs or error encounter.

Regarding the build a NetHunter yourself, I recommended new user to use a Linux to build your first NetHunter to you mobile devices.
Well as what they've always said, you wanna be a hacker start mastering your Linux.

LOL I been using GNU/Linux since 1996 Slackware was my first distro... **** I always do everything on GNU/Linux I never owned a Windows or Apple/OSX ever.. so I do not mind building it..
I am just not familiar with ARM/Phone stuff... but I will try to build it this weekend, this is my main phone this is why I was asking about the status, because is not a spare one.. cheers

maikel
2016-07-04, 17:34
LOL I been using GNU/Linux since 1996 Slackware was my first distro... **** I always do everything on GNU/Linux I never owned a Windows or Apple/OSX ever.. so I do not mind building it..
I am just not familiar with ARM/Phone stuff... but I will try to build it this weekend, this is my main phone this is why I was asking about the status, because is not a spare one.. cheers

How did it go? Any problems during building? Nethunter running smoothly?

rek2wilds
2016-07-14, 22:45
How did it go? Any problems during building? Nethunter running smoothly? Hello.. actually so far so good.. the building is easy.. I was more concerned about the daily use.. and so far no issues...

alanvenom
2016-07-22, 12:17
I installed it, pretty easily for a guy that hasnt been doing this for a long time, so all in all it was fine! It's actually running quite nice, no lag, no battery drain, no camera issues (even though I see many ppl have camera and battery drain problems...idk i dont have any)..The only problem I've faced and currenty trying to solve is that whenever I try to use aircrack for example, I cant use the internal wifi card it has, it asks for an external one...thats a cockblock if you ask me xD But all in all it works fine