PDA

View Full Version : Live CD

Alan
2013-04-25, 18:23
Hello, I just Burned Kali Linux onto a CD. Now, When I put the live CD in, I get to the main menu. However, I see install and expect install. No live start. I want my Windows based still on. I do not want to install. Unlike in BackTrack5 I could just click enter for Live CD.. Please help.

Mistwraith
2013-04-25, 21:57
Hello, I just Burned Kali Linux onto a CD. Now, When I put the live CD in, I get to the main menu. However, I see install and expect install. No live start. I want my Windows based still on. I do not want to install. Unlike in BackTrack5 I could just click enter for Live CD.. Please help.

Help me out trying to understand exactly what you're asking. You burned Kali Linux onto CD (DVD), it sounds like you created a successful bootable CD-ROM since you are getting the "Main Menu"...You say you are showing only 2 options in the Menu..and those options are .. "Install" and "Expect Install". What do you mean by..."You want your windows based still on"...not sure what your implying there. Kali definitely can be made LIVE, and you don't have to install it...however; some of what your saying doesn't make sense, can you be more exact?

Are you restarting and booting from CD-ROM, or are you running the CD-ROM you burnt from within Windows?

Alan
2013-04-28, 02:49
Thanks for answering. Yes, I have made two Kali Linux DVDs. My first DVD was successful and bootable, however "Live" was not an option. So, I made a second DVD using this link http://www.kali.org/downloads/. And this second time "live" was an option, But only, partially bootable. I got lines of code then an error: Can not mount /dev/loop0/live medium/live/filesystem Can't access tty job control turned off.

On a side note I think I used Architecture i386? Not sure what that means.. And window manger.. I have a windows 7 i7 so I don't know either... I used ISO and direct...

Oh.. And to answer your second question: restarting and booting from CD-ROM.. sorry